• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: I Got a Cheat Skill in Another World Light Novels Get TV Anime

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kenfra

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2022 3:32 am Reply with quote
So profound. So unique. A one of a kind work of art.
L'Imperatore

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2022 3:38 am Reply with quote
Somehow I have a feeling that the LN illustrator's got a particular feti... er, fixation on stockings.
Matcha.8

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2022 3:41 am Reply with quote
Wow this is like a straight-up on-steroid power fantasy. The boy, after having obtained the cheat skills, now is not only capable of battling gods in the other world, but also leads his own band in the cultural festival in the real world, not to mention the plethora of pretty girls jumping into his embrace. Seriously, I'm like seeing an isekai anime with similar premises like this announced on a weekly basis. It's a bit concerning...
L'Imperatore

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2022 3:47 am Reply with quote
Luckily, our boy here is a genuinely nice guy.
Excoman

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2022 3:52 am Reply with quote
The purpose of titles such as these is to sell, or to promote, not to be approved by a vocal "good taste" minory that most likely won't even buy it.

And it obviously sells well.
Aerodynamic41

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2022 4:33 am Reply with quote
Oh, it's from the author of The Fruit of Evolution. This is gonna be fun.
Kenfra

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2022 4:34 am Reply with quote
L'Imperatore wrote:
Somehow I have a feeling that the LN illustrator's got a particular feti... er, fixation on stockings.

I agree. All that's missing is the zettai ryouki.
donhumberto

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2022 6:14 am Reply with quote
Excoman wrote:
The purpose of titles such as these is to sell, or to promote, not to be approved by a vocal "good taste" minory that most likely won't even buy it.

And it obviously sells well.

Wow, easy, dude. This vocal "minority" you speak of is more than likely a silent majority of jaded anime fans that are getting more and more frustrated at a medium that seems to be aiming at the lowest common denominator by churning out isekai/reincarnated trash almost on a daily basis.
Look, I love sci-fi thrillers, but if it turned out that we got 2-3 new sci-fi thrillers announced EVERY FCKING WEEK during 1 year straight I think I kinda would get why people could feel tired about it...it's not so difficult to understand, I think Rolling Eyes
xevius

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2022 7:16 am Reply with quote
Quote:
... aiming at the lowest common denominator by churning out isekai/reincarnated trash almost on a daily basis...

I've got plenty of bandwidth left for more isekai. I like the stuff. I don't blame Japanese animation studios for creating content that sells. Perhaps you might've seen the latest statistics regarding the number of studios that are in the red. I'm glad there are gatekeepers such as yourself to let me know which denominator I am and what is trash and what isn't.
Rogueywon

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2022 7:31 am Reply with quote
Are they using procedural generation for these now?
-Matthew-

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2022 7:56 am Reply with quote
Rogueywon wrote:
Are they using procedural generation for these now?

What is that generation?

It looks interesting for me surpridingly. Let's see what will come.
Casval Rem Deikun

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2022 8:22 am Reply with quote
I check this series out for free awhile back to see if it is the same slop as usual and it is.
The series is everything you expect. MC has no personality, girls falling in his lap, brain-dead skill/rpg/cheat skills (cause you know, screw having character growth). It's all here. So people who enjoy the Mcdonald's world of iseaki slop, come and get it. You have nothing to fear, just turn your brain off and be wish fulfillment away for the thousandth time.
dreamEnd

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2022 8:22 am Reply with quote
Is this anything like Hagure Yuusha? Because it might actually be worthwhile to watch. As long as the MC is not some self insert cardboard cutout, I'm totally fine with it.
Princess_Irene
ANN Reviewer

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2022 8:32 am Reply with quote
dreamEnd wrote:
Is this anything like Hagure Yuusha? Because it might actually be worthwhile to watch. As long as the MC is not some self insert cardboard cutout, I'm totally fine with it.

He's definitely not a cardboard cutout. If the anime follows the novels closely, the MC suffers from PTSD and cripplingly low self-esteem that becoming hot and powerful does little to nothing to assuage. His biggest issue is learning to like himself and to see himself as worthwhile, and he doesn't see the girls throwing themselves at him as anything he deserves or wants to take advantage of. (As far as I've read, at least.)
donhumberto

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2022 9:36 am Reply with quote
Casval Rem Deikun wrote:
I check this series out for free awhile back to see if it is the same slop as usual and it is.
The series is everything you expect. MC has no personality, girls falling in his lap, brain-dead skill/rpg/cheat skills (cause you know, screw having character growth). It's all here. So people who enjoy the Mcdonald's world of iseaki slop, come and get it. You have nothing to fear, just turn your brain off and be wish fulfillment away for the thousandth time.

I swear to God, I was just having a conversation with my wife about how Isekai shows were the anime equivalent to Mcdonald's food... nice to see I'm not the only one who thinks that Wink
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3