• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Edens Zero Anime Season 2's Teaser Reveals April 2023 Premiere

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
immblueversion

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2022 6:02 am Reply with quote
The teaser was privatized. Use this link from the official Weekly Shonen Magazine channel instead.

EDIT: Thank you.

Last edited by immblueversion on Fri Sep 16, 2022 9:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Akane Mizuno

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2022 6:10 am Reply with quote
I'm really looking forward to season 2. But when we getting more news for Fairy Tail 100 Year Quest? We've heard nothing since the announcement.
immblueversion

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2022 8:34 am Reply with quote
Akane Mizuno wrote:
I'm really looking forward to season 2. But when we getting more news for Fairy Tail 100 Year Quest? We've heard nothing since the announcement.

From what I can see, it's a matter of how long it will run, how much material it will cover, and whether or not it's seasonal. The 100YQ manga comes out every two weeks as opposed to EZ's weekly schedule, which is why the anime was announced a year-and-a-half later than EZ's despite both manga debuting only a month apart from each other.
MFrontier

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2022 9:34 am Reply with quote
Looking forward to it! I hope they can keep up the quality of season 1.
Dynamo-

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2022 2:42 pm Reply with quote
I liked fairy tail but for some reason I got so bored watching this show I didn’t even finish the first season.
Beltane70

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2022 2:50 pm Reply with quote
Still a fairly long way away, but I'm happy to see that they've finally announced when season 2 is coming out.
immblueversion

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2022 7:31 pm Reply with quote
Dynamo- wrote:
I liked fairy tail but for some reason I got so bored watching this show I didn’t even finish the first season.

That goes to show that even though the author is the same, the series are built differently. I've generally seen people who like FT either not like EZ or enjoy it for different reasons; the opposite goes for people who don't like EZ, provided they can see past the designs and the references.

Personally, the biggest hook for me was learning what would happen if Shiki ever came back home and found out what happened to all his robot friends when he left. Mashima's written plenty of scenes like that before, but never in the first chapter/episode. At the very least I wanted to see if things would turn out different.

It was only later I realized what kind of story he was preparing us for, a more devilish coming-of-age story where the hero loses his "family" at the start and not only helps bring a new one together, but must become a leader to them (like if FT were about Natsu losing his old guild and building one of his own), that I started seeing it differently.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1