• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Heavenly Delusion Anime Reveals Main Cast, April Debut, Exclusive Streaming on Disney+ Worldwi

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
harminia

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2023 4:56 am Reply with quote
For some reason, I just had a feeling it'd be Disney.
09jcg

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2023 5:04 am Reply with quote
Considering some of the content this manga has, I'm surprised Disney went for it
Glordit

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2023 5:43 am Reply with quote
This is obviously a Kodansha manga since the anime is now on Disney+ exclusively.
Ryuji-Dono

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2023 9:39 am Reply with quote
I knew it would go to Disney+.
Kiwi93

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2023 9:55 am Reply with quote
Since this is a Kodansha title I had a feeling Disney would probably get this. I will admit though I thought given the Kodansha deal Disney would be hoarding all future Kodansha titles for the most part but it seems that’s not the case, seems Disney is really aiming for their bigger IPs.
macattack

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2023 10:27 am Reply with quote
Can’t wait for Disney to sit on this for half a year and then unveil a botched dub just like Summertime Rendering.
Kiwi93

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2023 10:46 am Reply with quote
macattack wrote:
Can’t wait for Disney to sit on this for half a year and then unveil a botched dub just like Summertime Rendering.

TBF they are simulcasting Tokyo revengers surprisingly, (though I’m gonna be honest I’m watching it through other means as I can’t really justify resubbing back to Hulu just for 1 show.) but given how weird Disney has been with their anime releases there’s a good chance this one may or may not be simulcasted so I guess we’ll have to see.
MFrontier

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2023 12:00 pm Reply with quote
I get the Kodansha angle, but it still feels weird when Disney licenses an anime at this point.
Ryuji-Dono

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2023 12:04 pm Reply with quote
macattack wrote:

On the other hand, best to wait instead of giving premature judgment.
CatSword

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2023 3:13 pm Reply with quote
"Streams on Disney+ worldwide" means it's going to Hulu in the US, no doubt. Just merge them already!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Covnam

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2023 3:24 pm Reply with quote
So will this one actually be on Disney+ in NA or will it also go to hulu :/

Either way, after how Summer Time Rendering was handled, I'll keep my expectations low.
Hagaren Viper

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2023 6:57 pm Reply with quote
I sure hope this partnership is successful for the Japanese side of things, because I feel bad for all these series in the US. So far every announcement has felt so DOA and this is coming from someone who isn't horribly bothered by how Netflix chooses to release their anime. Hopefully Disney doesn't have home video rights as well, because we'd likely never see Blurays of anything if that's the case seeing how allergic they are to releasing series on video.
Silver Kirin

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2023 7:31 pm Reply with quote
macattack wrote:

I don't know, I think Disney is improving a little. Just a couple of hours ago they released the Neutral Spanish dub for first episode of Tokyo Revengers S2 on Star+ in all regions, and they actually improved the dub cast by recasting Chifuyu and Kazutora's voice actos (since the actors in the CR dub didn't have a lot of experience and were criticized for their acting), one of the few times when a recast was needed.
Kiwi93

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2023 7:45 pm Reply with quote
Hagaren Viper wrote:
I sure hope this partnership is successful for the Japanese side of things, because I feel bad for all these series in the US. So far every announcement has felt so DOA and this is coming from someone who isn't horribly bothered by how Netflix chooses to release their anime. Hopefully Disney doesn't have home video rights as well, because we'd likely never see Blurays of anything if that's the case seeing how allergic they are to releasing series on video.

I do agree with their announcements feeling a bit ODA, it feels like every time Disney announces an anime the hype for it dies down a bit, and it doesn’t help that Disney pretty much does zero promotion for the anime’s they acquire. I do admit they do seem to be improving as they are doing more simulcasts for now but it’s really going to be interesting to see if they invested in anime long term.
ScruffyKiwi

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2023 10:03 pm Reply with quote
09jcg wrote:
Considering some of the content this manga has, I'm surprised Disney went for it

Considering that they had Black Rock Shooter that had a robot that liked raping young girls until they died, i don’t think they care.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1