• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Boruto Anime Ends Part I on March 26, With Part II Confirmed

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wyvern

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2023 12:09 am Reply with quote
So part one was only 293 episodes long!

For comparison, part two of Naruto was more than twice as long as part one. Buckle up!
SP654

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2023 12:24 am Reply with quote
Come on we just got to the code arc And now we only have three episodes Until part one ends and not knowing when part two is gonna come out
lossthief
ANN Reviewer

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2023 12:30 am Reply with quote
Makes sense. They have very nearly caught up with the Manga's storyline, and that story is on the precipice of a very big narrative shift that would be very awkward to write other storylines around. So their choices are either to put the anime on pause for a while, or spend potentially years adapting spinoff material or original stuff to stall. This feels like the better approach than the latter.
TheSleepyMonkey

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2023 12:42 am Reply with quote
lossthief wrote:
Makes sense. They have very nearly caught up with the Manga's storyline, and that story is on the precipice of a very big narrative shift that would be very awkward to write other storylines around. So their choices are either to put the anime on pause for a while, or spend potentially years adapting spinoff material or original stuff to stall. This feels like the better approach than the latter.

That, and the fact that the anime's production has been hell for a while now, so this is indeed a blessing.
MFrontier

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2023 12:46 am Reply with quote
I guess even Pierrot is recognizing there's only so much they can do with long-running Shonen anime at this point.

I wonder if they'll do a new season of Black Clover before Part II or just go all-in on Bleach.
TheSleepyMonkey

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2023 12:49 am Reply with quote
MFrontier wrote:
I guess even Pierrot is recognizing there's only so much they can do with long-running Shonen anime at this point.

I wonder if they'll do a new season of Black Clover before Part II or just go all-in on Bleach.

All of these three have very different teams working on them.
CrypticPurpose

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2023 12:57 am Reply with quote
lossthief wrote:

Anything to avoid filler.
JoelBurger

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2023 2:17 am Reply with quote
Wonder if this is actually going to lead to a more straightforward adaptation of the manga, as opposed to purposefully having the anime do its own thing with a focus more on the non-Team 7 cast and less high stakes conflicts.
Greed1914

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2023 10:01 am Reply with quote
lossthief wrote:

Yeah. We have different examples to serve as proof that a long-running shonen series doesn't have to resort to filler when it gets caught up, so it's nice that they decided they didn't have to repeat original Naruto. Sure, it survived it and people were there for Shippuuden, but I don't think they needed to follow that script again.
TsukasaElkKite

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2023 1:50 pm Reply with quote
Boruto Shippuden Laughing
Mushrinku

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2023 2:45 pm Reply with quote
Wyvern wrote:
So part one was only 293 episodes long!

For comparison, part two of Naruto was more than twice as long as part one. Buckle up!

ah yes, buckle up for 90% fillers. great anime lets stretch this garbage story to no end
BadNewsBlues

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2023 4:05 pm Reply with quote
#Yhwach202 wrote:
What a g4rb4ge anime. We don't care.

I never tire of seeing people who do this and in the process show they do in fact care.

If you didn’t you wouldn’t be posting in this thread. You’d be ignoring it like anyone would do for stuff they claim to not care about.
Mushrinku

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2023 5:32 pm Reply with quote
BadNewsBlues wrote:
#Yhwach202 wrote:
What a g4rb4ge anime. We don't care.

I never tire of seeing people who do this and in the process show they do in fact care.

If you didn’t you wouldn’t be posting in this thread. You’d be ignoring it like anyone would do for stuff they claim to not care about.

maybe they care that their liked/loved franchise was ruined by absolute garbage plot that was made by money hungry creators that just want to keep milking this franchise to no end and completely ruin what some of us grew up on and used to like?
malvarez1

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2023 7:09 pm Reply with quote
I know it isn't the show's fault, but it stinks that they couldn't make it to an organic endpoint for Part 1 unlike the original series.
Yune Amagiri

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2023 7:24 pm Reply with quote
For my part i enjoyed most of Boruto's fillers with some even more than the canon arc so I wouldn't mind if they choose to continue this way, however they certainly deserve to take a breather so they can keep up with the overall production value.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3