• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Highspeed Étoile Anime's Teaser Promo Video Streamed

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
L'Imperatore

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2023 3:22 am Reply with quote
Didn't expect it to be full CGI.

*saw the trailer*

The cars and the race sequences are middling, but acceptable.
The human's movements though... could be better. Quite rough at some places.
moozooh

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2023 3:32 am Reply with quote
The CGI is on par with the later Initial D seasons, which didn't hurt it much (if at all).

Character designs, on the other hand... That'd be embarrassing to have one's name attached to. The girls are so painfully interchangeable I wouldn't be able to tell them apart if not for the conveniently color-coded hair. Rolling Eyes
moozooh

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2023 5:23 am Reply with quote
This might sound a bit too radical, but why do anime even need to conform to the CGDCT trope instead of simply making compelling and original female characters that don't look jarringly out of place in their settings? What's wrong with Carole & Tuesday or Eizouken, for instance? And Birdie Wing designs at least looked great. I refuse to believe it to be necessary to have a female ensemble cast always comprised of moeblobs.
Philmister978

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2023 9:41 am Reply with quote
moozooh wrote:
The CGI is on par with the later Initial D seasons, which didn't hurt it much (if at all).

Character designs, on the other hand... That'd be embarrassing to have one's name attached to. The girls are so painfully interchangeable I wouldn't be able to tell them apart if not for the conveniently color-coded hair. Rolling Eyes

Actually wondering who's doing the CGI for this. Looks like either Sanzigen or Shirogumi, but the fact they haven't confirmed it baffles me. Usually, we get at least that much as far as information goes, so I wonder why they're delaying that.
MFrontier

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2023 10:45 am Reply with quote
Cool CGI cars...attractive and cute girls in form-fitting racing outfits...looks pretty nice!
Nate148

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2023 9:10 pm Reply with quote
They look fine what the hell you guys on
Bubin

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2023 1:33 pm Reply with quote
moozooh wrote:
This might sound a bit too radical, but why do anime even need to conform to the CGDCT trope instead of simply making compelling and original female characters that don't look jarringly out of place in their settings? What's wrong with Carole & Tuesday or Eizouken, for instance? And Birdie Wing designs at least looked great. I refuse to believe it to be necessary to have a female ensemble cast always comprised of moeblobs.
Because most people don't give a f.uck about those things.
russ869

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2023 12:43 pm Reply with quote
Looks very similar to the old Sunrise show Cyber Formula (but with CGI animation).

Speaking of which, somebody please license rescue Cyber Formula!! I'm sure it sold very poorly for Bandai, but it has a great Japanese BD remaster now.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1