• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: The Fire Hunter Anime Gets 2nd Season

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Yune Amagiri

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2023 9:32 am Reply with quote
Nice, otherwise the anime would have ended just when it finally got interesting. Hopefully the second season won't have as many technical problems as the first one.
ab2143

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2023 9:44 am Reply with quote
Yune Amagiri wrote:
Nice, otherwise the anime would have ended just when it finally got interesting. Hopefully the second season won't have as many technical problems as the first one.

Second season was more than likely planned in advance so I’m
not really expecting production to improve much
donhumberto

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2023 10:01 am Reply with quote
Awesome news!! Very Happy
Joker#941490

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2023 10:01 am Reply with quote
more like a second cour than a second season.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2023 10:24 am Reply with quote
Excellent! I'm really enjoying the show despite some jankiness. It's an interesting and imaginative world to explore.
MFrontier

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2023 11:27 am Reply with quote
Haven't been following this, but great for fans of the series!
AQuin1904

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2023 12:25 pm Reply with quote
Assuming it's the same length as this one, they'll end up covering all four main books at five episodes per book.

Hopefully they get a little more creative with their cuts and rearrangements going forward, because the first season frequently suffers from the fact that they cut half or more of most conversations but made no changes to the remaining sentences.
fathomlessblue

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2023 1:51 pm Reply with quote
Excellent news. I've been really enjoying The Fire Hunter, despite its severe production woes & often baffling directorial decisions. I went in hoping for another Shin Sekai Yori, & while I didn't get that, it does feel like someone has excavated a long forgotten Deen anime from the early 2000's. It's falling apart at the seams, but I genuinely appreciate the attempt. It's ambitious, if nothing else.

It's just a shame it was met with general disinterest among the fandom given short shrift on the review side. Well, it's not like SSY was popular either. I guess there's just not much interest in moody, dystopian speculative sci-fi stories on our side of things.
kotomikun

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2023 7:36 pm Reply with quote
fathomlessblue wrote:
It's just a shame it was met with general disinterest among the fandom given short shrift on the review side. Well, it's not like SSY was popular either. I guess there's just not much interest in moody, dystopian speculative sci-fi stories on our side of things.

I wouldn't say Shin Sekai wasn't popular; it wasn't a huge blockbuster, but it's not a battle shonen or high-school rom-com, so that's to be expected. MAL has it at #259, higher than Yurucamp and Fate/Zero and not far behind Dr. Stone, which is quite good for a 10-year-old anime. Maybe it's become a cult classic.

SSY also had some quality issues here and there, which people were upset about at the time, but that seems kind of quaint compared to the... intense struggling of Fire Hunter to keep up with its own ambitions. It's still a very interesting concept, just often hard to watch, and not for the right reasons. I've kinda fallen behind on it, and I'm not usually the type to complain about animation issues. Hopefully they can get it together a bit better in the second season.
Zhou-BR

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2023 8:31 pm Reply with quote
I find this show a mess visually, but I can't help being fascinated by its story and world-building. When that "to be continued in season 2" announcement popped up, I sighed a breath of relief, since I'm not familiar with the source material and I was afraid the show would have an open ending, considering it was clearly not going to be able to wrap everything up with just one or two more episodes. Looking forward to the second half of the story.
Leviathonlx1

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2023 2:37 am Reply with quote
Glad it'll be a full adaptation as novels very rarely get translations.
Thatguy3331

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2023 2:13 pm Reply with quote
I was thrown for such a loop when I heard it was gonna "end" at episode 10, I knew this thing was a production nightmare but damn. hopefully things pan out better for the staff for the rest of the show.
camseyeview140

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2023 10:47 am Reply with quote
wow I am shocked this disaster train is getting a second season.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1