• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Oshi no Ko Anime Delays Episode 8 to June 7

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mooseV01

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2023 9:24 pm Reply with quote
Damn these anime productions never stop just barely making it huh.
everydaygamer

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2023 9:55 pm Reply with quote
lot of recap episodes this season.
Shiggity

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2023 10:47 pm Reply with quote
Does anyone know why they're delaying the airing of ep 8? Is it due to COVID-19 and/or production issues? No one seems to know.
Revan32

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2023 10:58 pm Reply with quote
Or just to fill out the time slot, otherwise with 11 episodes they would finish a week early.
TheSleepyMonkey

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2023 10:59 pm Reply with quote
There doesn't seem to be have any official given reason at all. I've seen people suggest that this is happening because of the show only having 11 episodes, meaning they would use this recap as a way to fill in for 12 time slots, but I wouldn't surprised if it was actual production issues as well. Hirayama's designs are pretty detailed, and considering how much staff overlap there is between this and other Doga Kobo projects like Shikimori-san and the Wataten movie, it's a safe assumption that this didn't have the widest schedule to be made.
WANNFH

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2023 11:11 pm Reply with quote
TheSleepyMonkey wrote:
There doesn't seem to be have any official given reason at all. I've seen people suggest that this is happening because of the show only having 11 episodes, meaning they would use this recap as a way to fill in for 12 time slots, but I wouldn't surprised if it was actual production issues as well. Hirayama's designs are pretty detailed, and considering how much staff overlap there is between this and other Doga Kobo projects like Shikimori-san and the Wataten movie, it's a safe assumption that this didn't have the widest schedule to be made.
Can it be something sports-related? At least that was the case with Hell's Paradise this week because of Tennis World Cup.
SinisterOracle

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2023 12:53 am Reply with quote
Jfc why are there so many recap episodes this season? Is it because the studios are still playing catch up from last season? Personally, I don’t believe recap episodes are necessary for only 5-7 episodes, but I guess some people could find them helpful?

In other news, I’m still waiting for Nier: Automata Ver1.1a to begin airing new episodes. Perhaps in July for the summer season?
Sarcataclysmal

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2023 3:03 am Reply with quote
WANNFH wrote:
TheSleepyMonkey wrote:
Can it be something sports-related? At least that was the case with Hell's Paradise this week because of Tennis World Cup.

It can't be sports related. If it was, they wouldn't show an episode at all, but they're airing a recap in place of episode 8, so it's not like a sports event was taking up the time slot.
09jcg

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2023 7:54 am Reply with quote
Revan32 wrote:
Or just to fill out the time slot, otherwise with 11 episodes they would finish a week early.
I don't think it's to fill up spots. OnK started a few weeks later than most shows (putting aside episode 1s theatrical release). Since it started later, it would end around the time most shows wrap up the spring season. They probably don't have alot of slots left.
Zhou-BR

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2023 8:46 am Reply with quote
Seems like a planned break to me, and not an emergency one. As many have said, the show should still be able to air its last four episodes next month.
MFrontier

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2023 5:46 pm Reply with quote
Whatever the reason I've come to expect at least 1-2 delays with any major anime production at this point.
jdnation

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2023 7:33 pm Reply with quote
Eh, the show is fantastic. These things happen, so I can wait a week.

At least it's nothing like NieR Automata's problems...
TJ_Kat

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2023 8:04 pm Reply with quote
I'm also of the mind that this is a planned break. Despite the low episode count, when you consider the length of the first episode it's still basically a 13 episode season in a practical sense.
iamdestinygirl

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2023 8:32 am Reply with quote
I don't understand why they delayed the next episode of Oshi no Ko, is it due to a problem? Shocked
Zalis116

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2023 11:14 am Reply with quote
iamdestinygirl wrote:
I don't understand why they delayed the next episode of Oshi no Ko, is it due to a problem? Shocked
We're unlikely to get any specific answer. Usually these things happen because something went wrong or got delayed in the production process. To save themselves embarrassment, companies will only give vague answers like "due to various circumstances."
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2