• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The Click - March 15 - 21

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
chrisb
Subscriber

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 11:28 pm Reply with quote
Haha that was great, espcieally the Naruto one, I've overheard similiar discussions while in the manga section. I hope you can continue with this!
fokkusuhaundo

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 11:54 pm Reply with quote
That was really hilarious Laughing
If I had a Death Note I'd probably just write weird random names to see if there were actually people with those names too. I don't know anybody I'd actually want to kill...
For the Speed Grapher, I'd recommend he graph those equations with a calculator.
I guess I'm also one of those five that haven't seen Howl's Moving Castle, so I'll be sure to check that out on Sunday.
RogueJedi86

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 12:32 am Reply with quote
I don't Samurai Champloo will be repeating on Adult Swim. They removed all anime from weekdays except for Fridays(and InuYasha in the last hour of the night), and Samurai Champloo ain't there. Also, AS is giving up/losing the rights to it, Eureka seveN, and Paranoia Agent for sure.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Buster Blader 126

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 12:57 am Reply with quote
What an awesome way to do The Click! Very Happy Anime hyper

And because of random pre-emptings and marathons on YTV and whatnot, I also want to point out some corrections, for next week:

- Naruto and Bleach were pre-empted last week due to an animated Superman movie airing in their time slots. Episode 127 of Naruto will air next week, and Episode 53 of Bleach will air next week as well, assuming that YTV has picked up more episodes.
- Death Note and Gundam Seed Destiny were pre-empted last night in favour of a Bleach marathon. Therefore, Episode 21 of Death Note and Episode 49 of Gundam Seed Destiny will air next week.

On a side note:

- Virus Buster Serge's last two episodes actually premiered last night, as premieres were actually on Friday. It doesn't really matter much at this point, though. Razz
- Episode 120 of Yu-Gi-Oh! GX airs on YTV today at 12:30 PM. Pokemon is also still airing on the station on the same day as YGO GX at noon, and while it'd be Episode 24 in terms of the new series, I don't know the exact episode number when combing the last two Pokemon series. I don't know if anybody (besides myself Anime smile + sweatdrop) still watches them, or that if it's worth mentioning, but I guess it doesn't hurt to be a little more accurate? Anime hyper

In any case, it was a great column this week. It was definitely an interesting way to do it, and I couldn't help but laugh at some of the drawings, especially the ones for Witchblade and Yu-Gi-Oh! GX. Keep at it!
daedelus

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 2:16 am Reply with quote
RogueJedi86 wrote:
Also, AS is giving up/losing the rights to it, Eureka seveN, and Paranoia Agent for sure.

If you don't mind, where did you get that information? The main reason I ask is because AS has only re-run Eureka Seven once. I was hoping for a few more airings.

Very cool column! Is that why there was no column last week? So you had plenty of time to draw? Wink
Tortoiseshell Tabby Girl

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 2:35 am Reply with quote
Oh my gosh! How fun and unique! Man, I love how creative this column always is. You never know what's going to happen next. And that was totally great how you formatted the REPEATS/STRIPS section like the ending credits of a movie. When I got to that section, it suddenly felt like I had watched some weird little doodle movie. And the description of the column on ANN's front page suddenly held more meaning. Now, the question I have, Mr. Hanson, is: Did you draw those all by yourself or was outsourcing involved? Wink

Last edited by Tortoiseshell Tabby Girl on Sat Mar 15, 2008 2:43 am; edited 1 time in total
QXZ

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 2:38 am Reply with quote
fokkusuhaundo wrote:

If I had a Death Note I'd probably just write weird random names to see if there were actually people with those names too. I don't know anybody I'd actually want to kill...

I'd likely do the same thing. I've always wondered if there's someone on Earth whose names would be really silly -- something like Dan Druff.
tarrin4ever

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 3:09 am Reply with quote
We should only be aloud to reply in crazy doodles.
dtm42

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 3:12 am Reply with quote
fokkusuhaundo wrote:

Ah, that is not how the Death Note works. You have to know the face as well. However, that aside, I did find the one on Death Note to be the funniest.
MetatronM

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 3:19 am Reply with quote
daedelus wrote:
RogueJedi86 wrote:
Also, AS is giving up/losing the rights to it, Eureka seveN, and Paranoia Agent for sure.

If you don't mind, where did you get that information? The main reason I ask is because AS has only re-run Eureka Seven once. I was hoping for a few more airings.
Turner Legal.

Eureka's broadcast rights on Adult Swim expire in March (i.e. this month). As such, they have effectively lost the show.

The rights for Paranoia Agent and Samurai Champloo expire in the summer. Looks like they're going to give PA one more run through online on Adult Swim Video.

The rights for Trinity Blood expire in the fall.

Also, yeah, the listings on here for Adult Swim weeknights are all wrong. Astro, FLCL, and Champloo are gone altogether now, Death Note and Bleach are gone from Mondays, Inuyasha is doubled up at 5 and 5:30 am every night/morning, and FMA and 2nd GIG only air on Fridays. Oh, and Shin-chan is back on Friday nights.
daedelus

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 3:35 am Reply with quote
Oh, I was hoping it was just a rumor. I don't know why I'm bummed about it. I own all of those series minus volumes 11 & 12 of E7. I guess I like to be able to watch casually on TV.

Thanks for the info Smile
Viga_of_stars

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 6:22 am Reply with quote
Best click ever. Hands down.
billyarnie

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 6:44 am Reply with quote
MetatronM wrote:
Also, yeah, the listings on here for Adult Swim weeknights are all wrong. Astro, FLCL, and Champloo are gone altogether now, Death Note and Bleach are gone from Mondays, Inuyasha is doubled up at 5 and 5:30 am every night/morning, and FMA and 2nd GIG only air on Fridays. Oh, and Shin-chan is back on Friday nights.

Maybe you didn't have red marker or crayon, but Blood+ is on & you missed it:
Sunday, Mar. 16, 1:30 AM (repeats at 4:30 AM) Episode 49: "Two Queens". Sorry, I can't draw & am too lazy to write witticisms like you. Rolling Eyes

MetratronM is right in everything he/she says above. For future reference:
Shin-Chan: Saturdays 12:30 AM (repeat 3:30 AM); new episodes with #27 start Apr. 5.
Fullmetal Alchemist: Saturdays 1:00 AM (repeat 4:00 AM)
Ghost in the Shell SAC 2nd GIG: Saturdays 1:30 AM (repeat 4:30 AM)
For FUTURE Future reference, here's [adult swim]'s schedule:
http://www.adultswim.com/schedule/index.html. Always subject to changes and/or whims, but it's accurate...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
ShadowTrader

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 8:30 am Reply with quote
Awesome Click! Boobs & Ass, haha. Death Note one was funny too.
joshuafer

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 9:25 am Reply with quote
No wonder I could not find FLCL, I guess I will have to buy the DVDs to get answers to my many burning questions like WTF is that giant iron doing on the hill, and so many more ?!?!

Your doodles ruled !
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3