• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Daily Links: Clannad Malware, Tokyo Character Mall, Eva Goods

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cetus-kun

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 12:47 am Reply with quote
So he wasn't arrested for creating a destructive program and unleashing it on the Internet, but for violating a copyright?
Oronae

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 12:53 am Reply with quote
Just goes to show, even if what you do is legal, if the police don't like it they WILL come up with a way to get you. Not that I object in this case.
icepick314

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 12:56 am Reply with quote
that full sized Haruhi is sure tempting...

thank god i'm not anywhere NEAR Akihabara or i would be maxing out my credit card and hauling that figure through trains....
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Zin5ki

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 4:40 am Reply with quote
Would Eva Fans actually drink the coffee? I expect an empty can wouldn't be a collectible.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
z7q2

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 7:45 am Reply with quote
Zin5ki wrote:
Would Eva Fans actually drink the coffee? I expect an empty can wouldn't be a collectible.

from http://www.bcca.com/history/faq.php

I'm new to beer can collecting. Should I collect them full or empty?
It's your collection. Save them whatever way you want. The lion's share of collectors save empty cans, preferably opened from the bottom. Some people collect full ones but full cans, especially older cans, can be hard to find. And steel cans with seams can eventually rust or leak.

All the beer can collectors I know drain their cans, usually with a small hole in the bottom. One guy fills them with foam so they are harder to crush.

So, I guess a full can is not worth more or less than an empty can, so you may as well drain it. Truthfully, tho, there's really no reason to keep the can full, as I don't think anyone will want to drink the coffee in 20 years.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Jadress

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 9:31 am Reply with quote
I don't even remember where the hell I got it, but I actually have one of the original unopened Eva coffee cans from back when they first came out.. (was it for End of Evangelion?) I wonder if it will be worth anything someday. ... It's hard for me to part with merchandise with Kaworu on it, though.. ^^;

When I was a super crazy fangirl in middle school and high school my friend and I always half-joked about wanting fully poseable, life-sized bishonen action figures. Too bad (for my past self) they only make girl figures!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Mohawk52

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 10:30 am Reply with quote
$3,800USD = £1910.84GBP. I'd love to know their turnover. There can't be that many Japanese with that amount of money to waste on a life size doll of an anime character. Last I looked Japan was still wallowing in a recession with no sign of it ending anytime soon.
Grico

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 10:43 am Reply with quote
Mohawk52 wrote:
$3,800USD = £1910.84GBP. I'd love to know their turnover. There can't be that many Japanese with that amount of money to waste on a life size doll of an anime character. Last I looked Japan was still wallowing in a recession with no sign of it ending anytime soon.

Otaku in Japan will find a way. Such is there fandom.
TsukasaElkKite

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 11:58 am Reply with quote
I want that doll. *drooling*
Mohawk52

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 4:18 pm Reply with quote
Grico wrote:
Mohawk52 wrote:

Otaku in Japan will find a way. Such is there fandom.
At that price I would want her to be alive as well, and I don't mean mechanically alive, but real flesh, bone, and blood.
DonQuigleone

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 4:38 pm Reply with quote
I dunno, that doll is in uncanny valley territory to me
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 7:34 pm Reply with quote
I wasn't sure till now that Paper Moon were still making new dolls.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Top Gun

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 7:35 pm Reply with quote
I think it's in *tries not to vomit while thinking what people might do with said doll* territory for me.
Senna

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 10:10 pm Reply with quote
Ack! That new set of stores in Tokyo sounds amazing ... (too bad I don't think I can afford shinkansen tickets at this point in the semester x.x)
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 4:58 am Reply with quote
They aren't Real Dolls you know. Admittely, people take pictues of themselves doing rather icky things to regular miniature figures.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1