• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Anime Collectible Firm's Head Convicted of Tax Evasion

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Emerje

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 2:03 pm Reply with quote
Too bad, they did some fantastic sculpts at a reasonable price, but there's no defending what they did.

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
The Xenos

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 12:12 am Reply with quote
Damn. I have a whole mini shelf of those figures on display. I feel kinda bad about it now. Though you can't blame the artists and the workers for the the jerks on the business side did. Their work is still admirable.
leatherman

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 10:00 am Reply with quote
I'm not understanding the "sentenced to one year, suspended for 3 years." does that mean that in three years they go to jail?
Moomintroll

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 11:05 am Reply with quote
leatherman wrote:
I'm not understanding the "sentenced to one year, suspended for 3 years." does that mean that in three years they go to jail?

No. It means that they have three years of court supervision - if they behave themselves during that time they'll never have to actually see the inside of a cell but if they put a foot wrong they'll immediately be carted off to serve the full one year sentance.
It's similar to the probation process in which the offender is let out early but has to go back and serve the remainder of their sentance if they break the terms of their probation.
leatherman

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 11:25 am Reply with quote
Moomintroll wrote:
leatherman wrote:

No. It means that they have three years of court supervision - if they behave themselves during that time they'll never have to actually see the inside of a cell but if they put a foot wrong they'll immediately be carted off to serve the full one year sentance.
It's similar to the probation process in which the offender is let out early but has to go back and serve the remainder of their sentance if they break the terms of their probation.

Ah... thank you.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1