• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Madhouse to Animate New Casshern TV Series for Fall

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
T0FFe3m@n

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 12:56 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
The series, tenatively titled just Casshern, is scheduled for this fall.

Anyone else think this indicates that it will be more based off of the live action movie rather than the anime?

Either way - I'll be keeping an eye on this.
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 1:13 pm Reply with quote
They'd better not exhaust themselves. According to Moon Phase Zakki, in 2008 Madhouse has Casshern, Ride Back, movie Yumemiru Kikai (not sure if it has anything to do with this one) directed by Satoshi Kon, movie Mai Mai Atarashi to Sennen no Mahō directed by Sunao Katabuchi, and an unnamed movie directed by Mamoru Hosoda. With such a stellar list of directors I wonder if animators at Madhouse can keep up with their demands without burning themselves out.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Jacut

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 2:13 pm Reply with quote
Hope it doesn't follow too closely the terrible live-action movie...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Joichiro Nishi

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 2:24 pm Reply with quote
Finally! Shigeyasu Yamauchi has another anime. This guy has talent, Saint Seiya sucks after he left the project, and I love Saint Seiya since I was a kid.

BTW, the live action rocks.
T0FFe3m@n

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 2:55 pm Reply with quote
Joichiro Nishi wrote:
BTW, the live action rocks.

I agree. I enjoyed it, which is why im interested in seeing how this new anime turns out.
Beruda

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 3:19 pm Reply with quote
I'm so happy. Very Happy Can't wait.
v1cious

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 3:22 pm Reply with quote
Jacut wrote:
Hope it doesn't follow too closely the terrible live-action movie...

the live action movie is just a condensed version of the manga. it should be fine.
GATSU

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 3:48 pm Reply with quote
Here's my review of the movie.
Sam Murai

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 5:46 pm Reply with quote
dormcat wrote:
They'd better not exhaust themselves. According to Moon Phase Zakki, in 2008 Madhouse has Casshern, Ride Back, movie Yumemiru Kikai (not sure if it has anything to do with this one) directed by Satoshi Kon, movie Mai Mai Atarashi to Sennen no Mahō directed by Sunao Katabuchi, and an unnamed movie directed by Mamoru Hosoda. With such a stellar list of directors I wonder if animators at Madhouse can keep up with their demands without burning themselves out.

I don't know...that sounds a little typical for Madhouse (just look at the number of works they have done per year this decade alone). More of the bigger studios, such as Toei, GONZO, and BONES, are tackling more numerous projects per year, so its not too much of a surprise to see a workload this size. Since they have been producing some of the biggest hits, they can afford to have multiple teams working on individual works at the same time, even with top talent (whom they also can afford and accommodate). Of course, they could always go the route Sunrise is currently taking with their two cash cows, Geass and Gundam (done by two growingly prolific directors), and split seasons on their TV series so everything can even out.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Mr. sickVisionz

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 11:58 pm Reply with quote
I'm interested in this. I don't have a clue about the stories, but i've never seen anything from Madhouse that sucked. Plus the writer from Shakugan no Shana and Claymore (an anime I think is all around superb in every aspect) is working on it.

The only thing missing is score by Yoko Kano
reanimator

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 6:49 am Reply with quote
dormcat wrote:

The way that Japanese animation production works, you know they will hire tons of good freelance animators and subcontractors. Mr. Masao Maruyama is going to be really busy fulfilling some of these directors' projects.
Westlo

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 7:46 am Reply with quote
Mr. sickVisionz wrote:
I'm interested in this. I don't have a clue about the stories, but i've never seen anything from Madhouse that sucked.

Madhouse have done a lot of shows that suck (Tenjou Tenge comes to mind..), of course they churn out so much stuff it's hard to keep up the quality in terms of how good a show is as well as animation.

For instance when Spring 07 started Madhouse were doing..

Death Note (ongoing from Fall 06), Claymore, Oh! Edo Rocket, Saiunkoku Monogatari 2nd Series, Dennou Coil, Princess Resurrection, Devil May Cry.

As well as releasing/working on these two movies, Highlander: The Search for Vengeance & Piano no Mori - The Perfect World of Kai.

Anyway Dormcat I wouldn't be too worried since they have worked on a lot of stuff before at the same time as I just showed from last Spring.
BRD529

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 8:51 am Reply with quote
Awsome... Just awesome.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1