• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Anime News Nina! - 2008-04-09

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Unholy_Nny

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 11:03 pm Reply with quote
I laughed.
LordPrometheus

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 11:04 pm Reply with quote
It's funny because it's true, sadly. Very Happy
vtnwesley

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 11:07 pm Reply with quote
I hope we see more of that character. Hilarious stuff.
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 11:07 pm Reply with quote
Is Spice and Wolf anything like Wolf and Spice? The titles sounds nearly the same, but..ya know, gotta be picky. Honestly, if you follow the kanji, there's no reason not to call it Wolf and Spice, and it's not like it makes a huge difference in vocal aesthetic.

Also, if that's to poke fun at those who never buy anything and download fansubs only, they're not going to worrying over watching Naruto on YouTube. Cute comic, but barely accurate; the never-buy crowd knows how to work DDL's and torrents.
Jedi General

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 11:14 pm Reply with quote
Ha ha!! Too funny. It's sad, though, that this is so true.

Last edited by Jedi General on Tue Apr 08, 2008 11:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Teriyaki Terrier

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 11:14 pm Reply with quote
Finally, no more violence hopefully. I really liked the realism of the comic.

I swear some dub haters are crazy. Since options are personal, I won't say anything about that, but going overboard is another area all together.

Thank for not having using violence or gore in this comic this week Robin, this is the type of comic I enjoy reading.
Oronae

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 11:15 pm Reply with quote
walw6pK4Alo wrote:
Is Spice and Wolf anything like Wolf and Spice? The titles sounds nearly the same, but..ya know, gotta be picky. Honestly, if you follow the kanji, there's no reason not to call it Wolf and Spice, and it's not like it makes a huge difference in vocal aesthetic.

Err... perhaps because that's the official English tittle of the show as written in the ending credit sequence?
here-and-faraway

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 11:17 pm Reply with quote
I really like this comic. Please keep posting them.
fokkusuhaundo

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 11:19 pm Reply with quote
I like that guy's shirt: I <3 2D BooBs

It's just too sad to know that people like these do exist.
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 11:20 pm Reply with quote
Oronae wrote:
walw6pK4Alo wrote:

Err... perhaps because that's the official English tittle of the show as written in the ending credit sequence?

Honestly, it really doesn't matter what the Japanese use. Why you might ask, they're the creators? Because they still confuse American grammar and diction CONSTANTLY. R's and L's still get them all the time, even in official published works that have quality checkers. Kallen from Code Geass? You can't honestly tell me it was meant to be Kallen, it was Karen, but of course, even after forced English for all their school years, they still mess up.
Serafuku

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 11:22 pm Reply with quote
walw6pK4Alo wrote:

It's Oh My Goddess! not Ah! My Goddess; how many times must I repeat this? We should just go with what's commonly used by fans and that's Oh My Goddess!

walw6pK4Alo wrote:

Also, if that's to poke fun at those who never buy anything and download fansubs only, they're not going to worrying over watching Naruto on YouTube. Cute comic, but barely accurate; the never-buy crowd knows how to work DDL's and torrents.

Wrong, part of the never-buy crowd are complete idiots who don't know a lick of HTTP downloads, torrents, ftps, IRC, etc. Visit the videos that have been taken down on crunchyroll to get an accurate depiction of these idiots in action.

Actually here is an example of the Naruto section that has a notice that says:
"Naruto:
This Series is Licensed! Please support the series and purchase the DVD!
Licensed by VIZ Media
DO NOT UPLOAD!"

Some of the comments in reply to this are the following,
"what the hell this licensed too, why hell you removed been here a year. Now its gone, WOW! Everyone try **********.Com they have all the naruto episodes"

"only [expletive] stupid animes are still on here >< everybody have to go search elsewhere... Anyway, I think *******.com is the best for watching naruto right now..."

"homaygod....its almost a month since i watched naruto video here...i thought i can watch more better anime video in this site..but now its pissing me off at 1st i thought that there was a technical problem here but im wrong...there is a f***ng licensed to"

"what the f*ck is wrong with this site?? this is one of my favorire sites before, but now, crunchy roll is useless. I can't watch both Naruto and Bleach because of that stupid "LICENSED"!!"

ect, ect, ect, there are literally hundreds of comments like these. I think this comic depicted the youtube naruto idiot lightly, it should have been an angry swarm of idiots to depict the "blind leading the blind" type of mentality they have.

Last edited by Serafuku on Tue Apr 08, 2008 11:24 pm; edited 2 times in total
Dragynstorm

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 11:22 pm Reply with quote
It's sad because it's true.

It's hilarious because it's true.

Confused
Emma Iveli

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 11:26 pm Reply with quote
As a Naruto fan, I laughed so hard, I do watch it on TV (even if it's in the fillers and past the arc I wanted to see) though partially feel for that guy's plight. While not the same... YouTube keeps taking down Naruto the Abridged Series... Why must they do it... especially since they included that disclaimer... YouTube is mess up... and just for fun... Heh heh... Moo.
cloud1989

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 11:28 pm Reply with quote
Its sad though because of how true it is, some people would be lost without youtube, I tried it once and the quality sucks so bad.I If I created something I would be disgusted at the fact it was watched on youtube( aside from the free part), putting all that time and money to make something good only to have it put on a tiny screen with crappy resolution, analog cable is ten times better than that, kids these days have no desire for quality. This also reminded me of a article by the bandai visual boss who started off saying he doesn't want to discuss watching anime on youtube, and goes on to say their works are so expense because they give fans the quality they want, oh the irony.
RMC

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 11:29 pm Reply with quote
Haha, this is too cute. I love the comic; please keep doing them, Nina!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 1 of 9