• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Anime News Nina! - 2008-04-09

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
leftbehindxp

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 11:30 pm Reply with quote
A controversial topic, but its true. The shirt that guy was wearing was funny Laughing Keep making more, these comics are great! Also as a side note, I like the violent comics, I think there more funny, but the non violent ones are funny as well Very Happy
Serafuku

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 11:30 pm Reply with quote
Emma Iveli wrote:
YouTube keeps taking down Naruto the Abridged Series... Why must they do it...

Why? Because Viz is dedicated to bringing all Naruto anime and manga to America. That's kind of a stupid question you asked.
Emma Iveli

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 11:35 pm Reply with quote
Serafuku wrote:
Emma Iveli wrote:

Why? Because Viz is dedicated to bringing all Naruto anime and manga to America. That's kind of a stupid question you asked.

There's a difference between Naruto and Naruto the Abridged... hell I heard people at Viz actually loved Real Ninjas (as I said my times my mom works for Viz)... So you can't say that if I know more about Viz then you do...
shirokiryuu

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 11:39 pm Reply with quote
walw6pK4Alo wrote:
Oronae wrote:
walw6pK4Alo wrote:
Is Spice and Wolf anything like Wolf and Spice? The titles sounds nearly the same, but..ya know, gotta be picky. Honestly, if you follow the kanji, there's no reason not to call it Wolf and Spice, and it's not like it makes a huge difference in vocal aesthetic.

Err... perhaps because that's the official English tittle of the show as written in the ending credit sequence?

Honestly, it really doesn't matter what the Japanese use. Why you might ask, they're the creators? Because they still confuse American grammar and diction CONSTANTLY. R's and L's still get them all the time, even in official published works that have quality checkers. Kallen from Code Geass? You can't honestly tell me it was meant to be Kallen, it was Karen, but of course, even after forced English for all their school years, they still mess up.

I get your point, but I thought that whole "Kallen/Karen" thing was intentional. Like she's Kallen when she's a Brittanican and Karen when she's a Japanese, or vice versa. It might've been a theory.

Personally I think Spice and Wolf just sounds better, whether or not it's truly correct. It's not like the meaning changed. It's way better than "Spicy Wolf"
Serafuku

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 11:41 pm Reply with quote
Emma Iveli wrote:
Serafuku wrote:
Emma Iveli wrote:

There's a difference between Naruto and Naruto the Abridged... hell I heard people at Viz actually loved Real Ninjas (as I said my times my mom works for Viz)... So you can't say that if I know more about Viz then you do...

Ah, I see. It's a horrible fandub of it...in that case Viz is just probably deleting everything that uses the naruto name on youtube. I'm not sure who would want to watch it though, it's really horrible to listen to and not funny at all. Also it has nothing to do with Viz since it's fan created so I don't get why you're saying you know more about Viz than I do.
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 11:47 pm Reply with quote
I hope they delete all the Naruto, Bleach, and Death Note AMV's as well. Those things have to be taking up so much room on YouTube's servers.

And word on that actually, about the status of AMV's? I'd thing it's almost a double offense: 1 for having the anime depicted and 2 for having the music up there not sanctioned by the record company. I'd rather have VIZ coming after me than the RIAA though.
Emma Iveli

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 11:48 pm Reply with quote
Serafuku wrote:
Emma Iveli wrote:
Serafuku wrote:
Emma Iveli wrote:

Ah, I see. It's a horrible fandub of it...in that case Viz is just probably deleting everything that uses the naruto name on youtube. I'm not sure who would want to watch it though, it's really horrible to listen to.

Wow... Rolling Eyes That's sort of the point of an Abridged Series... Come on... It's two guys being stupid with Naruto... that's the point I mean in Naruto the Abridged Series Neji and Kiba are surfer dudes, Kakashi has a weird obsession with animals, Gaara is a master at DDR and Naruto has an all powerful chicken named Clucky... it's meant to be stupid...

And the people at Viz has a sense of humor, I'm only going to say is that last year that had some sort of tournament with the staff and that my mom got into the second round. And how would you know what they do at Viz... Do you know anyone who works there?
Dargonxtc

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 11:59 pm Reply with quote
Wow, as others said, sad but true. And it's funny because of that.

My question is; is slime going to replace leech?

I'm down with that. Smile
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
daikon6

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 12:01 am Reply with quote
But I found the RSS summary the most hilarious:

"A slime approaches!"

Old school RPG style. Keep 'em edgy and keep 'em coming.

Very Happy
Vortextk

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 12:02 am Reply with quote
Not bad, not bad.

But really, the best part this week is the tag:
Quote:
A slime approaches!

*Edit* And Daikon wins by posting a few seconds earlier. Crying or Very sad

Last edited by Vortextk on Wed Apr 09, 2008 12:03 am; edited 1 time in total
Serafuku

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 12:02 am Reply with quote
Emma Iveli wrote:
Serafuku wrote:
Emma Iveli wrote:
Serafuku wrote:
Emma Iveli wrote:

Ah, I see. It's a horrible fandub of it...in that case Viz is just probably deleting everything that uses the naruto name on youtube. I'm not sure who would want to watch it though, it's really horrible to listen to.

Wow... Rolling Eyes That's sort of the point of an Abridged Series... Come on... It's two guys being stupid with Naruto... that's the point I mean in Naruto the Abridged Series Neji and Kiba are surfer dudes, Kakashi has a weird obsession with animals, Gaara is a master at DDR and Naruto has an all powerful chicken named Clucky... it's meant to be stupid...

And the people at Viz has a sense of humor, I'm only going to say is that last year that had some sort of tournament with the staff and that my mom got into the second round. And how would you know what they do at Viz... Do you know anyone who works there?

If you know someone at Viz then why don't you ask them why the Abridged Series gets taken down off of youtube instead of anonymous people on the internet like me?
Splitter

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 12:04 am Reply with quote
It's official. When it comes to anime topical humor, nothing trumps Anime News Nina Very Happy
Viga_of_stars

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 12:05 am Reply with quote
Too true. That's why it's so funny.
Mirri

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 12:16 am Reply with quote
"Naruto the Abridged" uses copyrighted material, and that is why it is removed. It uses the animation from the Naruto anime, and regardless of whether or not it's the actual episode or if the audio is used, the animation is still copyrighted, is it not?

Anyway, great comic. As has been said in prior posts, tagline is hilarious. I was a counselor at a computer camp last summer and you would be really surprised how many kids don't know about bittorrent or HTTP downloads and just watch the stuff on YouTube. I brought a bunch of my personal collection of DVDs with me and they reacted like "why would you buy any of that?!!?!? you can get it for free, stupid!"... It was disappointing, to say the least. They didn't react like "Cool, higher quality video, audio, and toggle-able subtitles!" like I expected.
Kenotic

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 12:17 am Reply with quote
AMVs are technically violating copyright if they're publicly available. That being said, I doubt companies care about AMVs nearly as much as they do about full episodes being uploaded. 3-5 minutes of Naruto (or anything for that matter) somewhat edited to fit a few nu-metal songs isn't really going to deter sales. The labels might be a little annoyed to see their songs out in the open -- or not, but they're also not likely to yell too loudly.

Wonderful comic again. When he comes out of it he's going to complain about the hacked and censorship on the Uncut DVDs.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 2 of 9