• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Anime News Nina! - 2008-04-09

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
beaverdude

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 1:46 pm Reply with quote
Really funny! Loved it unfortunately its also true, but there aint nothing worse than when a leecher complains about stupid stuff like that
Dargonxtc

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 1:47 pm Reply with quote
Richard J. wrote:
Also, am I the only one thinking there's a subtle comment here about the state of offline fandom? There are four people at the state anime club meeting.

No, there's five. I'm the one holding the camera. Smile
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
R315r4z0r

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 2:18 pm Reply with quote
O M G I hate dub haters.

If you mention the word dub to them, or not even to them... they just over hear you, and they pop out of nowhere with their initial response of: "The dub for [insert anime series here] destroys the series." You don't even have to know the person, they just have the urge to say that like it is life threatening or something...

I'm all for personal preference, but seriously there is a boundary between preference and being completely ignorant and bias.
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 2:40 pm Reply with quote
I agree that those who automatically label dubs as being crap do annoy me, as it's a broad generalization and just flat out wrong. However, the amount of good dubs out there is very small and I have to somewhat agree with them, most dubs are just crappy bad acting and not worth watching. Some examples would be like Higurashi and 2x2 Shinobuden, those dubs are just terrible. Though, there are some good dubs as of late, however still rare, like Black Lagoon.

To solve the problem entirely, companies like Media Blasters just don't do dubs so no debate can be had.
BunnyCupCakes

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 3:15 pm Reply with quote
THE TRUTH HURTS......but it's so hilarious xD
They always use the "dub" excuse.

Seriously.
That's why DVDs were invented to please both
:3
Keonyn
Subscriber

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 3:16 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
I agree that those who automatically label dubs as being crap do annoy me, as it's a broad generalization and just flat out wrong. However, the amount of good dubs out there is very small and I have to somewhat agree with them, most dubs are just crappy bad acting and not worth watching. Some examples would be like Higurashi and 2x2 Shinobuden, those dubs are just terrible. Though, there are some good dubs as of late, however still rare, like Black Lagoon.

To solve the problem entirely, companies like Media Blasters just don't do dubs so no debate can be had.

You see, the problem with that argument is that you're still making a subjective statement. Remember, you think that the dubs are bad, but that doesn't make them bad. While you may not like them or think they're poorly acted, many people obviously disagree, myself included.

Not making dubs doesn't solve anything either as it simply denies a fanbase part of the product. To solve the problem people just need to learn a little tolerance. The debate itself is past its time, you have the choice of dub or sub, there's nothing to debate any longer. If you don't like dubs then good for you, watch the sub, nobody makes you watch the dub after all. If others want to watch the dubs and don't agree with you that they're bad then good for them, it's their call; it's entirely subjective and there is no right or wrong because it's your own opinion on whether they are good or bad.

Media Blasters also still does dubs, they only don't do dubs on certain titles that aren't likely to sell well, to cut costs. That's really the only time not doing a dub is of any benefit.

Last edited by Keonyn on Wed Apr 09, 2008 4:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Zin5ki

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 3:54 pm Reply with quote
Although I myself still watch fansubs, I do see how to complain when they're taken down is somewhat pathetic.
I didn't laugh at this week's comic however.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
RayV

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 4:22 pm Reply with quote
To the guy who didn't laugh at this comic.

All the punch line was in the last 2 frames. If you don't get it, then you are one of them.
ShadowTrader

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 4:59 pm Reply with quote
I got it, but it just wasn't funny. The new characters suck, stick with Nina.
britannicamoore

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 6:42 pm Reply with quote
Its funny because the guy is stupid to use youtube. But yeah, I hate the screaming types of Naruto fans.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
R315r4z0r

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 7:18 pm Reply with quote
Yes, there are bad dubs in some cases, but there are also bad original voice overs too.

The obviously bad ones aside, it all depends on what you see, (or hear in this case) first.

You ever hear the expression "The book is always better than the movie?" That is because the book came out first.

For example, what do you think the feed back would be if Japan dubbed something like Sponge Bob in Japanese?
Richard J.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 7:34 pm Reply with quote
Dargonxtc wrote:
No, there's five. I'm the one holding the camera. Smile
You mean you know Nina? Shocked

Let's not get off on a tangent with the dub talk folks. What makes a good dub is a very subjective thing. What's important in this thread is Nina.

And besides, everyone knows the best dub of all time is the one for Ultimate Mop Daisuke DX. Wink
The Xenos

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 7:39 pm Reply with quote
-sigh- Freshmen. Geez. Yeah. That sounds waaaaay too familiar. I can think of like a dozen people I've heard like that, at my college club or at cons.

First you have the YouTube people. I don't get it. how can you be that lazy. Then you have the sub-fascists. Some of these actually are more into torrents due to quality. Hell, I have one roommate who insists on HD fansubs with soft subs played with some obscure codec. Ugh. I try not to speak with him about it. It just frustrates me to no end. Then you have the idiots who simply leech and don't buy the DVDs. This guy is all rolled into one. Certainly there are some idiots like that.
Brians9824

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 8:04 pm Reply with quote
Anyone know the forum name of the Anime News Nina Artist? Wanted to ask her a question
ReiClone88

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 8:45 pm Reply with quote
Anime fans that watch overly pixelated anime on YouTube make me lol. What's even more is that they are oblivious to getting the actual fansubbed episodes uploaded in DVD quality for so much less hassle. Laughing
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 6 of 9