• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Chibi Vampire's Kagesaki Q&A Panels Transcribed

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Teriyaki Terrier

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 11:44 pm Reply with quote
Awesome work! I love Chibi vampire, this is such a excellent series. I hope Funimation, Adv flims or another company is able to re-license this series, with the same voice actors of course. Though I doubt that will happen any time soon.
Heretic

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 3:11 pm Reply with quote
Agreed, and the third volume ended on such a cliffhanger. Though if it turns out anything like the manga I know what happens with that particular scene.
CakeStealer

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 5:32 pm Reply with quote
Woah, spoilers from the interview for Chibi Vampire! Anime dazed
Anyways, thanks for posting the link! n_n
Ari-chan

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 8:15 pm Reply with quote
Wow, I wish I could've gone. I never seem to be in the area when my favorite manga creators come to America. Anyways, Glad to hear she'll be working on a new project, I've got to keep an eye on that. Hopefully one of the still remaining companies will pick the rest of Karin up. I don't like having a box set that's half full.
Teriyaki Terrier

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 10:11 pm Reply with quote
Ari-chan wrote:
Wow, I wish I could've gone. I never seem to be in the area when my favorite manga creators come to America. Anyways, Glad to hear she'll be working on a new project, I've got to keep an eye on that. Hopefully one of the still remaining companies will pick the rest of Karin up. I don't like having a box set that's half full.

I really hope Karin does not end up like most of the Geneon titles. If the original actors were hired back for whatever company, I am sure even Viz Media could release this series well.
Sticks

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 3:23 pm Reply with quote
Teriyaki Terrier wrote:
Awesome work! I love Chibi vampire, this is such a excellent series. I hope Funimation, Adv flims or another company is able to re-license this series, with the same voice actors of course. Though I doubt that will happen any time soon.

Unless I'm mistaken, all the dubbing for the series is already done. It would have been for the whole series way in advance, but since animes are released one DVD at a time and only 3 were released before Geneon "went the way of the Dodo", those episodes have yet to either a: make their way to be burned on to DVD's, or b: have already had DVD's made but just haven't be released to us yet. Any and all DVD stock that Geneon has is in some warehouse or some computer somewhere, there's just no plans to released them Sad .

But the last I heard was Funimation was in negotiations to aquire "some" of Geneon's yet to be released shows, but that was at least 2 months ago. And since some of the shows are pre-dubbed, it would be a waist of money to do it all over again. So we'll see how it goes. Wink
Furudanuki

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 3:56 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Q: With Geneon out of business, are there any plans for any other U.S. company to pick up the licensing to release the rest of the anime series?

Lillian Diaz-Pryzbyl: Kagesaki sensei is surprised to hear the news -- this is the first time she's heard this!

I'll bet Kagesaki-sensei almost had a heart attack! Shocked I hope someone quickly explained to her that the question was about the demise of Geneon USA, not Geneon Entertainment Inc.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1