• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Lupin III: The Secret of Mamo (movie) - Cast source?

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lupin the Third

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 11:35 pm Reply with quote
For the following entry:
anime#1040

There are some English voices listed for the JAL Dub (Peter Fernandez, Corinne Orr, et al.). The Japan Airlines Dub was only given one known theatrical film print and said print only included English credits for the main Japanese production staff (i.e., no localization credits). These names also appeared on Wikipedia, but the only source they could quote is the Encyclopedia here. Even Crystal Acids doesn't have a listing for that particular dub.

What's the Encyclopedia's source on these voices? If there is one, I'd love to know about it, because I sure don't.

-Reed Nelson
LupintheThird.net
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 1:06 am Reply with quote
Lupin the Third wrote:
What's the Encyclopedia's source on these voices? If there is one, I'd love to know about it, because I sure don't.

Guess what? All those credits were submitted by the same user pointing to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mystery_of_Mamo on 2008-02-09. Rolling Eyes I checked the History page and they were submitted by a Ryanasaurus007 a week earlier. This Wiki account, however, resembles Ryanasaurus0077 (a veteran contributor of Lupin III) way too much and is probably a doppelgänger account. Their profiles differ yet still have something in common, like Sailor Moon stuff.

Last edited by dormcat on Thu Apr 10, 2008 1:12 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
areaseven
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 1:10 am Reply with quote
I wouldn't trust that info, as Ryanasaurus007 was banned from the ANN Encyclopedia for posting bogus company credits everywhere.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime
A-Log

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 11:27 pm Reply with quote
I don't know, but I think there is some proof if you actually listen to the voices. So far, Fujiko (or in this case, Margo) does sound a bit like an adult version of Trixie from Speed Racer. Also, in the beginning, I thought whoever voiced Lupin sounded like Cool McCool, hence my original belief of Bob McFadden being the first American to voice Lupin. That's all I can say for now, but since Mr. Fernandez will be attending the NYCC this coming weekend, I'll be sure to ask him myself.

Anthony "A-Log" LoGatto
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1