• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Duplicate Companies.

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Z_e_t_a

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 6:42 am Reply with quote
Wrong name: Ivréa (3437)
Correct name: Editorial Ivréa (2312). Actually it should be "Ivrea", with no accent.

Source: http://www.editorialivrea.com/ARG/nosotros.htm
KuroNoHime

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 4:01 am Reply with quote
The correct form for BonnieCarlsen is Bonnier Carlsen.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
woelfie
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 6:29 pm Reply with quote
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 8:43 pm Reply with quote
From animenewsnetwork.com/ann-tv/2008-02-09

Quote:
Next week: our inside look at HAL Filmmaker, the anime studio behind Princess Tutu!

"HAL" has only a single credit, Planning for Kaleido Star: Legend of Phoenix ~Layla Hamilton Story~ (OAV). Obviously the link should be to Hal Film Maker but I think it is fairly safe to say that HAL should be merged with Hal Film Maker given that they are credited with planning for the Kaleidostar TV series and the other two OVAs and tend to put themselves down as just HAL on copyright lines.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
doc-watson42
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 6:03 am Reply with quote
A similar problem to these (NSFW):

Milky (#1979)
Milky Animation Label (#3486)
MS Pictures (#6474)

Museum Pictures (#859)
Museum Pictures Corporation (#5135)
GP Museum Corporation (#5136)

Milky was (I believe) a division of Museum Pictures/G.P. Museum (home site; company info page)—"MS Pictures" seems to me merely a reorganization (at the beginning of last year

http://web.archive.org/web/*/http://www.ms-pictures.com/)

to put all of G.P. Museum's hentai under one "roof" (labels: Milky Animation Label, Jam, Bootleg, AniMan, Mints, and Virgin Cream; Web site. Fortunately, of that list only Milky currently exists as a company in the Encyclopedia). Also, compare this Anime 18 page's copyright notice with this Encyclopedia entry and its links.

Furthermore, if I parse the (machine translation of the) company info page correctly, Museum Pictures became GP Museum Corporation in 2003 (Heisei 15).

Proposal: Combine all of the anime entries under MS Pictures, with redirects from Milky, and notes on the MS Pictures entry. (Blocks of some sort on entering Jam, Bootleg, and AniMan may also be appropriate; Mints and Virgin Cream are the game labels.) I'm not certain what to do with Museum/GP Museum, other than I feel that the two Museum entries need at least to be merged into GP (with an appropriate note).

Note that:

1) the product pages for Milky's releases still exist on Milky's old site, but that everything else is gone;
2) there is a robots.txt query exclusion on milky-anime.com, so I can't retrieve old pages via the Internet Archive's Wayback Machine;
3) the Museum Pictures and Museum Pictures Corporation has been reported before, but not the rest.
doc-watson42
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 7:13 am Reply with quote
CA Doga is almost certainly a duplicate of Shinei Animation—note that Shin-Ei (sic) has an official ESPer Mami site, as well as a data page. ("Dōga" is an old term for "animation".)

Edit: Add Shin'ei Doga.
doc-watson42
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 3:26 am Reply with quote
doc-watson42
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 5:07 am Reply with quote
Tele-Cartoon Japan and TCJ Animation are duplicates of Eiken, the company's name since 1969. See the Wikipedia article, the Japanese Wikipedia article, the official site (which lists works prior to 1969, including those credited to TCJ), and page 174 of The Anime Encyclopedia, Rev. & Exp. Ed.
woelfie
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 11:13 am Reply with quote
RCN, Canal Rcn (Colombia) and Canal RCN are duplicates.
Source : the official website.

The offical name is Canal RCN (not just 'RCN') and it's better to leave away the demographic indicator.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
ManSlayer07

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 12:47 pm Reply with quote
MBS and Mainichi Broadcasting are duplicates, they have the same foundation date and website. Toward the Terra for example lists one as a broadcaster and the other as a producer. Anime dazed
doc-watson42
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 4:51 am Reply with quote
ManSlayer07 wrote:
MBS and Mainichi Broadcasting are duplicates, they have the same foundation date and website. Toward the Terra for example lists one as a broadcaster and the other as a producer. Anime dazed

See also the English Wikipedia article, the Japanese Wikipedia article, and the "Mainichi Broadcasting System, Inc (MBS)" entry on page 910 of Japan: An Illustrated Encyclopedia (ISBN 4069310983).
woelfie
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 5:17 pm Reply with quote
http://www.j-pop.it/manga/wanted_intro.htm
is a typo when the user wanted to enter
Edizioni BD s.r.l. [JPOP Division]

you can merge the former one into the latter.
Area88

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 5:24 am Reply with quote
Area88 wrote:
Kaname Production is a duplicate company and should match the correct name Kaname Productions

Still not fixed.
doc-watson42
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 11:35 am Reply with quote
Area88 wrote:
Area88 wrote:
Kaname Production is a duplicate company and should match the correct name Kaname Productions

Still not fixed.

That's the case with most of the problems noted in this thread. Crying or Very sad
Devil Doll

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 4:07 pm Reply with quote
Jinnan Studo (sic!)

ought to be removed; the correct entry is

Jinnan Studio
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 14 of 34