• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
New York Comic Con - Bandai Entertainment

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rose Kitsune

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 6:11 pm Reply with quote
A bare-bones release? That will be interesting. I wonder if it will up the sales at all.
GATSU

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 6:17 pm Reply with quote
I was hoping they'd discuss the Silent Mobius movies....
PlatinumHawke

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 6:31 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Regarding older Gundam series, like Turn A and Gundam X, he noted that international release decisions for them are made by a Japanese committee. Until the committee decides to clear these older shows for international distribution, the licenses are effectively off the market.

This statement seems like a nail in the coffin for getting X and Turn A, since those two series didn't do all that well over in Japan, both during their TV runs and DVD/LD sales.
Serge

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 6:52 pm Reply with quote
9 Episodes Per DVD? Sub only? AMAZING!!! I hope this is the future for anime...so long as it ain't $50 or so, and retails at $29.99, the usual.
narutoismybrother

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 7:44 pm Reply with quote
Wow, well Bandai sure suprised me a bit. I hope that when it says nine episodes a dvd that it doesn't actually mean nine episodes "per dvd". Because that well come out to equal very crappy quality as far as Gurren Lagann goes. Now comes the decision to buy the sub only release, because I absolutely adore Gurren Lagann I can't wait a second longer, or buy the dub. The art work is so visually appealing that I, in a way, kinda want a dub just so I can focuse on the anime itself. So sub or dub. I normally always go with sub. Maybe I'll just be stupid and buy both. Anime hyper
Periodeia

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 8:10 pm Reply with quote
Does "bare-bones" mean there will be no DVD extras? I hope not, because I'm looking forward to buying the sub-only sets, but the extras are one of the reasons I wanted the DVDs in the first place.
Afax

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 8:12 pm Reply with quote
The article posted the link to the wrong Ayakashi

It should be Ayakashi Ayashi.
Lackshmana

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 8:39 pm Reply with quote
PlatinumHawke wrote:
Quote:
Regarding older Gundam series, like Turn A and Gundam X, he noted that international release decisions for them are made by a Japanese committee. Until the committee decides to clear these older shows for international distribution, the licenses are effectively off the market.

This statement seems like a nail in the coffin for getting X and Turn A, since those two series didn't do all that well over in Japan, both during their TV runs and DVD/LD sales.

I hope not. I really want to see Gundam X get a full American release. It might not be a big hit, but I was a fan.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
HitokiriShadow

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 9:11 pm Reply with quote
I've given up on ever seeing R1 releases of the older Gundam TV series.

But I'm ecstatic about the release plans for Code Geass, Ayakashi Ayashi, and Gurren Lagann. I was going to wait for a set for Ayakashi Ayashi but I'll probably be picking up the bundles for it now.
BladeDragoonZETA

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 9:25 pm Reply with quote
Bandai Entertainment, if I didn't love you before I certainly do now.

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

now I just need to decide if I want to wait and get the dual audio version or both versions for TTGL

and quick question who thinks Code Geass should have an art box made to look like Zero's helmet?
Paploo

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 9:47 pm Reply with quote
narutoismybrother wrote:
Wow, well Bandai sure suprised me a bit. I hope that when it says nine episodes a dvd that it doesn't actually mean nine episodes "per dvd". Because that well come out to equal very crappy quality as far as Gurren Lagann goes.

Bandai has a press release postedon AonDVD's forums, which mentions it'll be two-disc subbed sets at 29.98 each, released monthly starting in July.
Heretic

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 11:09 pm Reply with quote
BladeDragoonZETA wrote:
Bandai Entertainment, if I didn't love you before I certainly do now.

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

now I just need to decide if I want to wait and get the dual audio version or both versions for TTGL

and quick question who thinks Code Geass should have an art box made to look like Zero's helmet?

Heh, that would be awesome. I am glad Geass is being released this way. I was wary that it would be getting a similar release schedule to Eureka Seven (which was plagued with delays) and is now just finishing up. I can definitely get down with this sort of release, and for one of my favorite series no less.
Big Hed

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 1:59 am Reply with quote
BladeDragoonZETA wrote:

You mean ala Halo 3 Very Happy? That would be very cool.
BladeDragoonZETA

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 2:03 am Reply with quote
Big Hed wrote:
BladeDragoonZETA wrote:

You mean ala Halo 3 Very Happy? That would be very cool.

yes but better...
Big Hed

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 2:36 am Reply with quote
Heh, well if Bandai managed to one-up Microsoft, I'd be impressed. Anyway, I'm sure they'll give this a quality LE release. Can't wait 'til August. Then onto next year for TTGL, and hopefully Gundam 00 isn't far off in terms of a release. I'm going to be giving a lot of my wallet to Bandai soon, it seems.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2