• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
New York Comic Con - Bandai Entertainment

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Labbes

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 6:50 am Reply with quote
Periodeia wrote:
Does "bare-bones" mean there will be no DVD extras? I hope not, because I'm looking forward to buying the sub-only sets, but the extras are one of the reasons I wanted the DVDs in the first place.

I don't think the barebones will come with extras, or with very few, like other sub-only DVDs (Simoun, for example). However, that is what I think and I don't think Bandai has said anything about that yet.
Joe Mello

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 9:30 am Reply with quote
I think the Sub DVD is a direct attempt to deflect problems from fansubs. For those who just want the content, Bandai can push those out as soon as possible with less down time than cast and recording an entire dub track.

I've seen 6 episodes on a DVD before, both sub and dubbed, so maybe there will be some extras.
Big Hed

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 11:58 pm Reply with quote
I really think using the term "bare-bones" here indicates that there aren't going to be any extras. That and the roll-out time strongly suggest this -- speaking of which, I share the concerns voiced elsewhere on the forums that Bandai's speedy release could mean more deffective DVDs.

Oh well, not that I'm shelling out for the sub-only discs anyway. I've already seen the fansubs, so I'm looking forward to a good dub and extras!
LeoKnight25

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 4:23 am Reply with quote
I'm also more than a little disappointed that no mention of the Silent Mobius films has been made. It's not that hard to put out a DVD...considering the films are only an hour a piece it'd be simple to thrown them both on one disc. Just goes to show where their priorities lie I guess. Sad
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2