• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Shelf Life - Phoenix Down

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
driverstart

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 4:58 pm Reply with quote
Once again, there is no series mention that I like... sigh...

On the note of the collection, that's a lot of stuff. Let's see, I actually have 3 of those DVDs (School Rumble 1-2 and Negima 1) and I own Disgaea 1 and 2 plus the Pokemon ones as well. Never thought I see the same person with those old titles in their collection.
Key

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 6:09 pm Reply with quote
I've already endorsed the second volume of Simoun in my own review, so I'm quite pleased to see Bamboo give it an approving nod, too. The series definitely seems to have elevated itself a notch during this run of episodes.

And volume 3 is already in the mail. . . Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
louieatrest

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 6:45 pm Reply with quote
I guess I do not know what the average fanboy takes comfort in when between his sheets. I always assumed those "cute" characters were more for the fangirl, kinda like how Cosmopolitan is for women, even if it does have the odd male fan. I figured their appeal, both Cosmo and those girly girl characters, was in their exaggerated ideas of what is feminine.

I've always felt bad for those guys in Genshiken...but I never thought they were real...
bglassbrook

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 9:26 pm Reply with quote
One of these days (likely not until after Otakon) I need to pop Moon Phase in so I can start reading the manga.

My initial thought of the collection from the thumbnails was how there seemed to be a whole lot more pink then expected (had to double check the name was male) ... but upon being able to recognize most of the series instantly from the two summary photos, I will just cheer keeping the insert boxes as part of the collection and move along.
Shadowrun20XX

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 10:23 pm Reply with quote
dormcat wrote:
icepick314 wrote:
wow

actual signatures from Japanese Anime Industry!!

You just don't know how easy it is to obtain an autograph in any North American con. In Asian cons, if you ask the guest to sign on your T-shirt, a manga book, a DVD boxset, or a piece of napkin, the security will kick you out of the convention hall right away.

They usually schedule autographs,don't they?I've got quite a few from the past(1990's).I haven't caught up on autographs in a while.
x1onexwo1fx

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 10:59 pm Reply with quote
awh, i was looking forward to what you had to say about the new hell girl volume. maybe next time???? =D
belvadeer

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 1:17 am Reply with quote
I live in Cali too! =3

What's wrong with the uguuing over the movie? That part cracked me up over and over again XDDDD

Last edited by belvadeer on Wed Oct 07, 2009 2:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
CaptainAvatar

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 11:42 am Reply with quote
Am I the only one who was bothered by the "moefication" of Hazuki in the anime? You don't even have to read the manga to see the difference, just check out the Manga-ka's illustration used for the initial close. The dropping wash basins got old quick, and the end of the series was a disaster, in my opinion. For those who care, the dub was top notch, so I may consider picking this up down the road - maybe when it comes out in a Veridian Collection. Well, at least I have the manga, up to 10 volumes now here stateside.

Simoun intrigues me, but it does sadden me it gets the sub-only treatment. This makes it a rental only for me unless the series blows me away, then I might consider purchasing it.
Gewürtztraminer

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 11:57 am Reply with quote
Quote:
As I've said other places, I was severely disappointed in the ending of MoonPhase.

When the answerman column asked for most disappointing ending to an anime, I sent in a response about Moonphase.

I can not argue with the ending to most anime (or at least the ones where the series was good, who cares if the ending to Coyote Ragtime Show was weak? By that time I did not care.)

I thought a great opportunity was lost with the main story. The wrap up and bizarre last episode were ok.

Simoun continues to amaze me, I got volume 3 last week and am looking at the release schedule and wondering what is taking them so long.

Gewürtztraminer
enoah ballard

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 2:43 pm Reply with quote
I can see at least 4 pieces of merchandise related to Royoyon Rock. This man clearly has impeccable taste in lolis.
PantsGoblin
Subscriber
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 3:07 am Reply with quote
enoah ballard wrote:
I can see at least 4 pieces of merchandise related to Royoyon Rock. This man clearly has impeccable taste in lolis.

The Komugi poster/shirt/stand and the Missing Blue poster... I have more in my room but they're not pictured. Oh yes, it is Poyoyon Rock (aka Akio Watanabe). And yes, I'm a huge fan of him (as I think many members here know)... I've yet to find any loli surpass my beautiful Mii. I don't think I ever will. She is truly an unparalleled loli.

Hmm, I just noticed I made a typo in someone's name as well. It should be "Yuuna Inamura" not "Yuuno Inamura"...
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2