• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Ga-Rei Afterschool Spirit-Hunting Manga to be Animated

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
prime_pm

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 1:33 pm Reply with quote
Oh for God's sake! Just because the protagonist isn't Carrottop doesn't make it any less Bleach!

She even looks like Rukia!
tasogarenootome

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 2:24 pm Reply with quote
prime_pm wrote:
Oh for God's sake! Just because the protagonist isn't Carrottop doesn't make it any less Bleach!

Yeah, unfortunately I have to agree. When I saw the headline, I thought it sounded interesting, but on reading the article itself, that's the first thing that crept into my mind. I might still check out the anime and the manga preview when I have a moment.
Toshirodragon

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 4:46 pm Reply with quote
prime_pm wrote:

It isn't Bleach and she kicks ASS circles around Rukia!

Now could you possibly be any ruder to something you haven't even READ?
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
Toshirodragon

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 4:48 pm Reply with quote
YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This makes me all kinds of happy! Ken-chan! Ken-chan! Ken-chan!!!

*does the happy fangirl dance*
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
prime_pm

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 9:50 pm Reply with quote
Toshirodragon wrote:
prime_pm wrote:

It isn't Bleach and she kicks ASS circles around Rukia!

Now could you possibly be any ruder to something you haven't even READ?

I've read seven chapters already. And I know she kicks ass. In fact, I'm kinda sick of Bleach's "talk about your special attack/idealism" thing they sometimes do. And I prefer her to Rukia as well. And that beast summoning is interesting.

The problem is the story isn't original. "Normal yet gifted guy" drawn into hunting spirits has already been done over four times. And, so far, Persona's the only one that got it right all the way through. And past that, there isn't a lot in the story itself that jumps out at you.

True, maybe I'm a little early dismissing it as another Bleach clone. After all, there have been good animes adapted from bad mangas before *le Chevalier dion*. I just have some early doubts. Here's hoping.

Still, you have to admit, the author didn't have to make Kagura look THAT much like Rukia. Height's better proportioned though.

That was always a problem I sorta had with Bleach. All the girls were short and had some of the weakest attacks or support roles (some of'em, mind you).

And that pride theme in episode 40 was a load of crap; I would have knocked Shiba out just for a matter of principle. You're a Soul Reaver! Who gives a crap about your pride!?

Yes, I have ADD. Why?
Monsieur Pink

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 9:56 pm Reply with quote
prime_pm wrote:
True, maybe I'm a little early dismissing it as another Bleach clone. After all, there have been good animes adapted from bad mangas before *le Chevalier dion*. I just have some early doubts. Here's hoping.

Except that both Le Chevalier D'Eon manga and anime are based on a novel.
prime_pm

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 11:06 pm Reply with quote
Monsieur Pink wrote:
prime_pm wrote:

Except that both Le Chevalier D'Eon manga and anime are based on a novel.

They were both based on an actual person, never mind novel! The point is the manga sucked!
Toshirodragon

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 6:39 am Reply with quote
prime_pm wrote:

The problem is the story isn't original. "Normal yet gifted guy" drawn into hunting spirits has already been done over four times. And, so far, Persona's the only one that got it right all the way through. And past that, there isn't a lot in the story itself that jumps out at you.

Oh whatever. I personally am mature enough to evaluate a story on it's own merits.

And it isn't like 90% of anime ISN'T the same plots used and over used. Persona? Hasn't the "monster/spirit fighting for you" genre been beated to DEATH yet? Besides Persona's frickin boring.. I only watch to listen to Koyasu and he doesn't get enough screen time.[/b]
prime_pm

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 7:33 am Reply with quote
Toshirodragon wrote:
prime_pm wrote:

Oh whatever. I personally am mature enough to evaluate a story on it's own merits.

And it isn't like 90% of anime ISN'T the same plots used and over used. Persona? Hasn't the "monster/spirit fighting for you" genre been beated to DEATH yet?

Very true. I guess I expect too much these days. I should learn to enjoy it for what it is by now. The internet's made me too much of a critic. Eh.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1