• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: English Code Geass Clips, Episode 1 Posted Online

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
scortia

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 4:15 pm Reply with quote
I hope they eventually realize Lelouche's serious-Zero voice is supposed to be much deeper... He isn't going to sound the least bit threatening with that voice. Otherwise, it's not horrible thusfar.
narutoismybrother

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 4:19 pm Reply with quote
Oh my poor Lelouch, what did they do to your voice.

Last edited by narutoismybrother on Fri Apr 25, 2008 4:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
504NOSON

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 4:19 pm Reply with quote
Well,that's nice for those who like dub and/or don't know that the entire 1st season is online. But,it really doesn't matter to me,since it will most likely suck(I mean,it is dub Rolling Eyes )and I've already seen season 1 and are on season 2. Sooooooo,yea
Veoryn87

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 4:23 pm Reply with quote
I find nothing wrong with the dub. New voices just take getting use to.
hara

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 4:26 pm Reply with quote
Oh, even more Code Geass material was "leaked" xD
MagicallyDelicious

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 4:32 pm Reply with quote
I'm definitely not a fan of dubs, but I will say one thing... decent pronunciation of the names... I was expecting "Karen" but it sounded like they said "Kallen".

I'm not really a fan of the voices, but I think that one line by Viletta sounded good. C.C.'s voice... not good enough for me.

"He mustn't die!" wasn't near as dramatic as it should have been... C.C. practically screamed it in the Japanese version...

I might watch the streamed episodes for a while to see how they do, but I'm not gonna watch it on TV.
JackCox

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 4:33 pm Reply with quote
This is why I'm glad I never watched it in Japanese, So i can get use to the voices in English. Someone put this up so I can see this, I can't hack through adult swim's region lockout.
redhandgrunt

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 4:33 pm Reply with quote
I don't mind everyone except Kallen. Her voice kind of annoys me,but it will likely get better.
Houlgrave

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 4:35 pm Reply with quote
Lmao. We go from Jun Fukuyama to Bosch for Lelouch? Sorry, but that just doesn't cut it in my book.
Raven Shinobi

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 4:42 pm Reply with quote
Maybe it's just me, but I don't know why they made Kate Higgins change the voice that she used for the clip on the official site -her voice in that kind of lacked the sultriness found in Yukana's voice but she did well in capturing C.C.'s character, the voice that I heard in the second trailer on the other hand sounded...too weird for C.C.

Lelouch, uh, not low-pitched enough, he also needs to put more arrogance into his performance.

I liked the other voices better. Suzaku was a little high-pitched compared to Sakurai, but he was alright. Kallen and Lloyd were good so far, though I don't know how the latter will sound when the character's idiosyncrasies kick in. Corenelia was only one line, but she sounded good with McGlynn's voice, the same with Jeremiah. Looking forward to hearing how the rest of cast sound.

Last edited by Raven Shinobi on Fri Apr 25, 2008 4:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
funkapotamus

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 4:47 pm Reply with quote
504NOSON wrote:
Well,that's nice for those who like dub and/or don't know that the entire 1st season is online. But,it really doesn't matter to me,since it will most likely suck(I mean,it is dub Rolling Eyes )and I've already seen season 1 and are on season 2. Sooooooo,yea

Well, god damn! Aren't you the king of the universe? Hee-yoo!
fokkusuhaundo

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 4:52 pm Reply with quote
I could've guessed that this news would attract dub-haters. Don't like the English voices? Isn't that what the language option on the DVDs are for? You can prefer watching it subtitled over dubbed but to hate it just because it is a dub leaves me wondering if you just don't like the English language. Rolling Eyes

JYB sounds like what I expected him to sound. I can't say that I liked Lelouch's seiyuu too much so JYB is a welcome change, even if I've heard his voice as the lead male in countless other dubs.
RogueJedi86

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 4:53 pm Reply with quote
504NOSON wrote:

We don't tolerate elitist fansubbers around here. Dubs are better and better these days. You can't deny the awesomeness of the Bebop dub(even Shinichiro Watanabe, Japanese creator of CB, prefers the dub), and Death Note's dub is one of the better ones in years.

Give it a chance. Dubs are a lot better these days. I haven't heard a dub worse than "average" in years, and Code Geass is looking to be no exception. I'm hearing great things about the voices already.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Veoryn87

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 5:02 pm Reply with quote
fokkusuhaundo wrote:
I could've guessed that this news would attract dub-haters. Don't like the English voices? Isn't that what the language option on the DVDs are for? You can prefer watching it subtitled over dubbed but to hate it just because it is a dub leaves me wondering if you just don't like the English language. Rolling Eyes

JYB sounds like what I expected him to sound. I can't say that I liked Lelouch's seiyuu too much so JYB is a welcome change, even if I've heard his voice as the lead male in countless other dubs.

People are still allowed to judge the dub if they want, even if they're negative. The problem is with blanket statements some people may make, and I think only one person really did that. Some people may be judging it unfairly, be bias, etc, but we don't know that for sure.
MagicallyDelicious

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 5:08 pm Reply with quote
Raven Shinobi wrote:
Maybe it's just me, but I don't know why they made Kate Higgins change the voice that she used for the clip on the official site -her voice in that kind of lacked the sultriness found in Yukana's voice but she did well in capturing C.C.'s character, the voice that I heard in the second trailer on the other hand sounded...too weird for C.C.

Lelouch, uh, not low-pitched enough, he also needs to put more arrogance into his performance.

I liked the other voices better. Suzaku was a little high-pitched compared to Sakurai, but he was alright. Kallen and Lloyd were good so far, though I don't know how the latter will sound when the character's idiosyncrasies kick in. Corenelia was only one line, but she sounded good with McGlynn's voice, the same with Jeremiah. Looking forward to hearing how the rest of cast sound.

Cornelia had a line? I didn't hear that at all...

I didn't think she showed up until a bit later on.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5