• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: AKB48 Otaku Idol Group Gets AKB48 Sprout Online Manga

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
minakichan

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 3:58 pm Reply with quote
ONLY 16 of the 48 get the manga? Well, that's not as fun... >_>;
Dargonxtc

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 4:02 pm Reply with quote
Well makes sense I guess. 48 idols that are supposed to be pretty much one group by association. There has got to be a lot of drama affiliated with that. Even if you are only talking about 16 of them. It does beg the question though, what is so wrong with the A team? Maybe B is just filled with a bunch of divas. Anyway, when I read what this is supposed to be, I can't help but think soap opera.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Wing_Goddess

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 9:10 pm Reply with quote
i still think 48 members is a little much... do they even get a good paycheck having it being divided by 48 people? Razz

Just not touching that xD
enurtsol

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 3:12 am Reply with quote
Could they make it a harem manga that could rival enigma, I mean, Negima?
Zin5ki

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 6:27 pm Reply with quote
I'd hate to be the 17th member. The feeling of being so close to the cutoff for the manga would be severely aggravating.
Still, I hope the group remain successful. They'd be running the risk of outnumbering their audiences if they didn't.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
The Xenos

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 8:35 pm Reply with quote
I think this is the group that was on the BBC show Japanorama. It was rather disturbing to see 30+ year old business men and otaku obsessing over 14 year old girls at the club they sing at in Akihabara.

When I was on vacation there I was walking through one building. I saw one store that had idol merchandise, albums and magazines. I made sure that I kept walking right past it. Creepy. I don't mind the creepy drawn stuff even, but when you're exploiting actual girls like that, it is just wrong.
dcpoor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 11:18 am Reply with quote
Team B is the newest and least established of the groups.

team A is the original group and many would consider them to be the flagship. team K has been around 2+ years too and has many popular members as well.

they're just pushing to get team B more exposure and build a following.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1