• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Shelf Life - Funky Town

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ilkz

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 10:42 pm Reply with quote
@______@ awsome collection I use to have that in my dream. Good work man, three rows to go, come back some time in the future with completed full glory! 0wnd 0wnd 0wnd...

I think this guy wins the anime industry loyal consumer award, Imagine what if he donwload zhese and have a pile of harddrives full of anime instead *_______* ZAC going to be mad.
Quark

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 11:05 pm Reply with quote
Ugh I am so jealous of that collection. The shelves themselves are great. But man oh man, so much anime.
This evening I had just put all my anime DVDs onto my new IKEA shelves and I only filled up one shelf. Somehow, my collection had looked so big when it was on three smaller shelves, but putting it all onto one bigger shelf makes the collection look so tiny. But now, after looking at Lynn's collection, my collection now feels ultra tiny.
I'll just console myself with the fact that I'm getting 7 series coming in the mail thanks to TRSI Media Blasters sale, and the fact that a small chunk of my collection is living on my boyfriends shelves.
Big Hed

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 1:07 am Reply with quote
lp_harley wrote:
Just to let yall know I am a guy.

Thanks
Lynn

Eheh, sorry man. This is what I get for making assumptions Confused

Again though, nice collection. Personally, I figure that if purchase the maximum that my budget allows for, I should have the equivalent of another level filled out on your shelf in about a year's time.
daedelus

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 1:26 am Reply with quote
britannicamoore wrote:
But down in the Sailor Moon section....right after SuperS is that what I think it is?

Hey, you've made me curious. What do you think it is? I can't make it out. Lynn, maybe you could shed some light? Smile

I've also made another observation. I could be wrong, but it looks like there are no incomplete series on display. I can think of two possibilities.

1) Lynn only buys complete sets once they are all released.

2) The incomplete series are not included in the pictures.
britannicamoore

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 10:38 am Reply with quote
daedelus wrote:
britannicamoore wrote:
But down in the Sailor Moon section....right after SuperS is that what I think it is?

Hey, you've made me curious. What do you think it is? I can't make it out. Lynn, maybe you could shed some light? Smile

Sailor Moon Stars. The season they never brought over. I would probably foam at the mouth if they ever did though. That would be something to buy sub only. lol.

Considering the time put into this collection though, it could be from Japan.

I could be wrong but thats what it looks like to me.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
lp_harley

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 10:46 am Reply with quote
Big Head wrote:
Eheh, sorry man. This is what I get for making assumptions

Not a problum.

daedelus wrote:
britannicamoore wrote:

I've also made another observation. I could be wrong, but it looks like there are no incomplete series on display. I can think of two possibilities.

2) The incomplete series are not included in the pictures.

That is a sailor stars set from eBay when I first started collecting I thought that was the only way to finish the show. 9 times out of 10 I normally standby for the whole set to be released.
Keonyn
Subscriber

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 5:13 pm Reply with quote
It's typical Minnesotan sports luck. Have a great season finish strong, then lose key players to injuries/medical reasons days before the series starts. In the end though, Minnesota didn't really have what it takes this year to win it all, nor does Colorado. Regardless of who won round 1, I didn't think either would be capable of getting to the finals.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
ANN_Bamboo
ANN Contributor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 7:12 pm Reply with quote
Keonyn wrote:
In the end though, Minnesota didn't really have what it takes this year to win it all, nor does Colorado.

What? You don't think Colorado has a chance, what with their great start against the Red Wings?

*shakes a fist at Colorado goaltending*

They better not be starting Theodore again.
rebii

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 10:04 pm Reply with quote
I had a totally different take on the care of Makoto. "it's also a little bizarre to see Yuichi hand-feeding her and trying to get her to play with bells. It's almost disturbing in a way, and if coddling a helpless girl doesn't scream “Moe!,” then nothing on this planet ever well"
Having cared for somebody who deteriorated in such a manner, I found it not simply sweet, but a deeply touching act of love. It is hard to describe what its like to watch a person you care for lose their personality and memories. I was glad for the character that the deterioration was mercifully brief.
DerekTheRed

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 10:43 am Reply with quote
Quote:
My beloved Avalanche have made it past the Minnesota Wild, and are now duking it out against the Red Wings. I'm pretty sure my blood pressure goes up a bit every game

You know what they should do? Start Theodore again to see if he gives up another 4 goals. At least he's consistent Wink

You can't say the same for Budaj, I mean cone on, 1 goal? No goals? What kind of crappy consistency is that? I nominate Quenneville for the Jack Adams for his forward thinking.

(Sorry for being completely OT)
Vicserr

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 12:38 pm Reply with quote
Maybe I should take a couple of pics of the DVD Tower of Doom at home, but I don't know if people would like to see the 5~6 big storage boxes of watched animeI got at home.... Cool

Cool My collection Cool
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime
reanimator

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 4:35 am Reply with quote
What an impressive collection of DVDs! I need to organize my collection of Japanese R2 DVDs, LDs, and art books...
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3