• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Last Exile's Murao to Draw World Destruction Manga

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
zoramon089

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 6:54 pm Reply with quote
If if was anyone from the Last Exile animation staff I wish it was Range Murata...
Teriyaki Terrier

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 8:43 pm Reply with quote
Although there are well known game creators, something tells me this manga and video game may be run of the mill.

I know Chrono Trigger and other well known creators are involed, but I can't shake the feeling this idea has been done before.

Here is the feeling I am getting; the main character will be a average shonen character who "constantly" talks about power and will act rash in times of battle. The main female cast member will be a tsundeere and will probably act like a maiden in distress when in battle. There is likely to be a character who acts like jester, yet somehow has a "dark" past.

I mean no disrespect, but I've been playing video games for almost two decades so I do understand video game plotlines. If anyone was offended by my comment, I do appologize.
Aromatic Grass

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 9:00 pm Reply with quote
zoramon089 wrote:
If if was anyone from the Last Exile animation staff I wish it was Range Murata...

I wish, but this really isn't his thing...

Anyway, I'm not really sure what to think of the project. Both the anime and manga seem like they could be either really good or really bad, or just uninteresting. I'm not really an RPG adaption fan, but there's I.G and DMP and some familiar names on the project. The only thing making me hesitant about the series is the fact that it's based off a game.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
teh*darkness

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 1:55 am Reply with quote
Um, DMP has nothing to do with this project... they got mentioned as a sidenote because they are releasing, in english, the last manga by the artist that is doing the manga based off the game. That's like playing 'degrees of separation', not actually being involved in any way with 'World Destruction'.
BleuVII

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 6:49 am Reply with quote
Is there any way to remove the hotlink on the words "Chrono Trigger" so that it DOESN'T link us to that horrible abomination of an OVA? As far as I know, the staff member referenced had absolutely nothing to do with that OVA. I'd hate for the three RPGers out there who HAVEN'T played Chrono Trigger yet to have their opinion of it tainted.
Aromatic Grass

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 7:38 am Reply with quote
teh*darkness wrote:
Um, DMP has nothing to do with this project... they got mentioned as a sidenote because they are releasing, in english, the last manga by the artist that is doing the manga based off the game. That's like playing 'degrees of separation', not actually being involved in any way with 'World Destruction'.

Yes, I realize that. I mentioned it because I sometimes buy things blindly based on company and DMP is one of them. I didn't mean to imply that they had anything to do with the production.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
TJM

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 8:32 pm Reply with quote
Ugh those designs are horrible.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1