• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: OVA for Yoshimizu's Lucky Star Greenlit in Japan

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kaori.

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 9:53 am Reply with quote
HUrray!.

Is it just 1 ova?.
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 9:58 am Reply with quote
An OVA, huh? I wonder what's this one going to be about. It'll be hilarious if the producers adapt the light novel version which involves Konota and the gang in a murder mystery. Laughing
kaori.

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 10:06 am Reply with quote
darkchibi07 wrote:
An OVA, huh? I wonder what's this one going to be about. It'll be hilarious if the producers adapt the light novel version which involves Konota and the gang in a murder mystery. Laughing

I wish they would. Be so awesome.
Richard J.

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 10:11 am Reply with quote
I wonder how much of an effect buying the R1s might have on the number of OVA eps made. Just in case, we should all buy a lot. Indeed we must.

Strange how excited I am when I still haven't even seen the series. Man, I bet I'm the only person who becomes a fan of a show without ever having seen it!
mastertr

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 10:18 am Reply with quote
No, you're not the only one ;p I became a fan of Cardcaptor Sakura before I ever saw it.

As for the OVA, I'm looking forward to it. I've only seen the first 7 episodes so far, but I love it. It's one of the few comedy anime I enjoy lol. I hope Kyoto Animation animates the OVA just as they did the series....and I hope it has the same OP too. Can't get enough of that OP =P
rankothefiremage

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 10:25 am Reply with quote
YES, this is great information, more LS, and for the record some of us with preorders already have our sets
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
omnistry

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 10:30 am Reply with quote
Cool news! Let's just hope it's not going to be filled to the brim with Haruhi/Kanon/FMP references. That get really tiresome in the series.
rankothefiremage

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 10:38 am Reply with quote
omnistry wrote:
Cool news! Let's just hope it's not going to be filled to the brim with Haruhi/Kanon/FMP references. That get really tiresome in the series.

If one of the references happens to be noting when FMP season 4 will be made i can live with it.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 10:48 am Reply with quote
A big unanswered question is - will Kyoani be animating it or someone else?

darkchibi07 wrote:
It'll be hilarious if the producers adapt the light novel version which involves Konota and the gang in a murder mystery. Laughing

Sounds interesting. Yet again I wish I could read Japanese..
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Kaioshin_Sama

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 10:56 am Reply with quote
Shiroi Hane wrote:
A big unanswered question is - will Kyoani be animating it or someone else?

darkchibi07 wrote:
It'll be hilarious if the producers adapt the light novel version which involves Konota and the gang in a murder mystery. Laughing

Sounds interesting. Yet again I wish I could read Japanese..

a)It shouldn't really matter, fans should appreciate the series on it's own merits enough to follow it regardless of who animates it. Unless Kyoani doing it was the only reason people protested to like it so much, which is a distinct possibility.

b)It shouldn't be hard for any other contracted studio to mimic both the series style of animation and comedy. Just listen to what big daddy Kadokawa wants and you'll have your license and content.

c)As I hinted above, I'm pretty sure Kadokawa makes the big decisions on how the episodes are supposed to progress anyway and what animes get referenced etc.
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 11:02 am Reply with quote
Kaioshin_Sama wrote:
a)It shouldn't really matter, fans should appreciate the series on it's own merits enough to follow it regardless of who animates it. Unless Kyoani doing it was the only reason people protested to like it so much, which is a distinct possibility.

I wouldn't say so. As far as I can see, the only other group that can direct and animate Lucky Star properly would be SHAFT led by Akiyuki Shinbo.

Kaioshin_Sama wrote:
b)It shouldn't be hard for any other contracted studio to mimic both the series style of animation and comedy. Just listen to what big daddy Kadokawa wants and you'll have your license and content.

The character design will nonetheless be quite different, should it ever happens.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Kaioshin_Sama

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 11:20 am Reply with quote
dormcat wrote:
Kaioshin_Sama wrote:

I wouldn't say so. As far as I can see, the only other group that can direct and animate Lucky Star properly would be SHAFT led by Akiyuki Shinbo.

Kaioshin_Sama wrote:

The character design will nonetheless be quite different, should it ever happens.

And likewise, I wouldn't say so. It's really not like it's an especially challenging series to animate or write for. Just know what the audience wants (Kagami for example in any capacity) and have the characters do that. That's what the first series basically amounted to beyond the quarter point. It is in the end little more than a Kadokawa advertisement franchise after all.

And yes I did finish and even analyzed it for the blog I write for, so I know what I am talking about. It's not a slam, it's an analysis of the TV series merits.
se37

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 11:43 am Reply with quote
This has to be the best news all day long for me

<--- *huge Lucky Star fan*
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
TsukasaElkKite

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 12:09 pm Reply with quote
This is great news! Very Happy
Big Hed

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 12:25 pm Reply with quote
rankothefiremage wrote:
omnistry wrote:

If one of the references happens to be noting when FMP season 4 will be made i can live with it.

I'll second that. I'm happy for all the LS fans out there (I'm not one of them) that are getting to see more of what they love, but in the mean time I mourn for my beloved FMP.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3