• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Eva's Sadamoto to Draw Archaic Smile Short Story

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Teriyaki Terrier

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 12:02 pm Reply with quote
I look forward to reading once someone translates this manga. I enjoy heartfelt romantic comedy's.

That is probably why I enjoy Ah! My Godess! so much.

Thanks for the news.
CitizenGeek

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 12:06 pm Reply with quote
I adore absolutely everything by Yoshiyuki Sadamoto so I'll definitely make every effort to check out his latest work!
hara

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 12:36 pm Reply with quote
Everything I've read from Sadamoto so far was rather melancholic or depressing (Route 20, some shorts stories, Eva) so I wonder how he would convey a "warm and comforting" atmosphere here xD

I don't expect a masterpiece but I will check this out for sure. I would rather like Sadamoto creating some character designs for some new anime.
Aromatic Grass

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 1:38 pm Reply with quote
Ever since I first played the .hack games, I've loved Sadamoto's art and was surprised to find out he worked on Evangelion when I first heard about the series. I'm still interested in reading that manga, but this new story sounds worth checking out. 'Cause I'll definitely watch/read anything by a familiar artist, though I still haven't seen The Girl Who Lept Through Time. Sad
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
HellKorn

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 10:07 pm Reply with quote
While I don't think highly of his Evangelion adaption, Sadamoto's shorts are very worthwhile. Dirty Work is one of the best manga shorts I've ever read.

Will definitely be looking out for this.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1