• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: 2008 Gegege Anime Film to Have 6 Versions Screened

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
narutoismybrother

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 5:56 am Reply with quote
Since there's six different versions of the film, no wonder why it's taking so long. XP
samuelp
Industry Insider

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 7:35 am Reply with quote
Wow, what a stupid marketing gimmick. So do they expect hard core fans to travel all over Japan to see all 6 versions in the theater?

Oh, and it's probably NOT hard work to make six cuts, as it's probably only one scene in the film.... The whole thing about Neko Musume "cosplaying" (she doesn't actually cosplay, by the way, she just had various part time jobs and disguises...) is an invention of the 2007 series anyway, attempting to modernize Neko Musume's charm.

How much you want to bet there are six unique DVD covers when it's released as well? Collect them all! (for $60 a piece)

Now does anyone remember the movie "Clue"? There were like, 5 different endings to that movie, each with a different person behind the murder mystery that were screened in theaters randomly. The VHS (and later DVDs) included all the endings, including the "true" ending. Now THAT is a marketing gimmick I can appreciate. I mean, are kids going to care at all about this?
MokonaModoki

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 8:51 am Reply with quote
This is all part of L's scheme to capture Blight the uploader by narrowing down the geographical location where a film gets recorded on digicam first.
enurtsol

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 11:17 am Reply with quote
samuelp wrote:

Now does anyone remember the movie "Clue"? There were like, 5 different endings to that movie, each with a different person behind the murder mystery that were screened in theaters randomly.

It was no Body. Razz

MokonaModoki wrote:
This is all part of L's scheme to capture Blight the uploader by narrowing down the geographical location where a film gets recorded on digicam first.

But he's not supposed to let the secret out in advance. Otherwise, a quick bullet train to another region foils the plan. Laughing
kokuryu

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 12:19 pm Reply with quote
Now, if they released 6 totally different versions depending on the region, THAT would be a worthy trek to visit each region to see it - especially if they had a special prize you could send away for it you sent in ticket stubs one from each region.
championferret

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 4:59 am Reply with quote
Animenation's blog had this to say;
Quote:
While the overall plot of the film will remain constant among all six versions of the film, several minutes of animation are expected to change for each version.

So, there is more difference than just Neko Musume's costumes. (still, even if that were all, I still think that's a pretty interesting gimmick.)
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1