• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Rightstuff.com

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sj21

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 3:41 pm Reply with quote
I have really only shopped online at bestbuy.com and would like to know if you think rightstuff.com is a good website.

I also have a question. I looked at Nausicaa of the valley of wind and its one of my favorite movies of all time and was wondering why the rightstuff only has a 2-disc set when the bestbuy dosen't say anything because if its limited edition or something like that then it would be worth the extra 5 bucks.
Bluebeard

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 3:49 pm Reply with quote
Good website? It's freakin' fantastic. I do about 75% of my shopping through RightStuf.com, 20% through FYE (only to take advantage of their Geneon sales, and their occassional BOGO offers), and another 5% scattered around other stores. If you're patient and take advantage of their rotating 40% off DVD and 33% off Manga sales from different companies, you won't be able to beat their prices on new anime. I also recommend their gotanime club membership, because once you start shopping there you'll get addicted. Not to mention free shipping for $49+ purchases. I've had zero complaints after 10 orders in 2 1/2 months since I started using their website.
bonbonsrus

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 3:50 pm Reply with quote
If you look up at the stickied anime on line store/reviews thread above, there are a lot of positive comments about The RightStuf International (TRSI.) I use RightStuf all the time and have never had a problem with them and have had good customer service the few times I needed to talk to someone.

About Nausicaa, chances are if BestBuy.com doesn't specify, chances are it isn't the limited edition.
slickwataris

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 4:33 pm Reply with quote
Disney released Nausicaa as a 2-disc set, there was no special edition. Best Buy and rightstuf carry the exact same product.

I love rightstuf. I went a little crazy though last year and haven't been able to order much the past few months. The free shipping is great.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
HitokiriShadow

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 4:56 pm Reply with quote
Rightstuf is fantastic. I do pretty much all of my shopping through them now. Their customer service gets great reviews (though I've never had to deal with it much) and if the CS guys on the phone can't help, you can always go over the the Retail forum on AoD and see if the Dark Lord himself can help (and he usually can).
TheTheory

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 5:40 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, I've spent way too much money there since I discovered their website (after ordering an item through ebay that was put up by them and getting the catalog with the shipment). Love their weekly specials and bargain items.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
kyokun703

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 5:50 pm Reply with quote
After experimenting with several stores both brick-and-mortar and online, I pretty much use TRSI exclusively for manga and anime. Occasionally I'll pick up something somewhere else on a whim, just because I'm there, and it's right in front of me, but I usually end up regretting it.

I've had to deal with customer service a couple of times due to defective product, and they've always been really good about things. They also pack really nicely.

They may not be the cheapest on their non-sale items, but sometimes I'll just pay the extra $5 because they are so good, and I'd rather support them than Borders, Amazon, or Deep Discount. And their regular sales and discount more than make up for the occasional regular price item.
Randall Miyashiro

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 4:00 am Reply with quote
Almost all of my anime comes from TRSI (I'm probably one of their best customers) with the exception from studios like Disney and Sony which don't get the standard pre-order discount and out of print stuff bought by auctions. Right Stuf is ran by big anime fans and has the best customer support.

I also think that the Right Stuf's releases are amazing. The best are their super economical season releases like the forthcoming Emma, Maria Watches Over Us, and Aria.
asimpson2006

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 7:30 am Reply with quote
I love Rightstuf.com for my manga and anime pre orders. I usually buy my manga from them since I've gotten some good deals from there on that. I do my pre-orders for anime with them, but I don't always buy anime from them unless it's a good deal. I usually end up using DeepdiscountDVD.com for my anime orders.

I've only had to talk to their CS a few times. Once by phone and once via e-mail. Their CS was awesome and I was pleased to talk to them.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Ronolo

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 3:00 am Reply with quote
Right Stuff is an excellent site to do shopping for anime related products outside of an anime con. I do about 85% of my shopping for anime related products there. The other 15% is from anime cons and a few other sites such as Animenation.com and Amazon.com.

If you are looking for something that Right Stuff does not have you can go to other sites as in the sites I mentioned or take your changes on Ebay.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1