• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Over 65,000 Watch 1st Death Note Film in U.S. Theaters

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
haseowolf

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 10:16 pm Reply with quote
I went on the first night. I had to drive a total of 3 hours and over 120 miles to see it (I was in the city with my boyfriend that weekend, so I stayed an extra few days and took him out to see it with me since we are both big into DeathNote) and I cosplayed as L just like at Anime Detour (Both I think I was the only male L there *shrug*)

Loved it, though sadly I wish the DVD would come out sooner u.u

Oh, and I too was 2 of those 20,000 who bought advanced tickets. Wow, a whopping 44 dollars to take two out to a movie and that's without our soda!
tidusora

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 11:22 pm Reply with quote
I wish I had seen it in U.S. Theaters.

I'm excited about the American Adaptation, however.
If it ends up being a movie, I could 100% see Emile Hirsch playing Light or Ben Foster, and I could see Justin Chatwin or Rain (maybe) if they really wanted to. =D
DuelLadyS

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 8:44 am Reply with quote
I really hope they do the second film... I went to the first one with my sister, and she's already bugging me about when part 2 is gonna be in theaters. (I was very lucky in that the local theater in the town I live in and the town I work in aired it. I had options! Laughing )
saishokushugisha
Editor, Anime Insider

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 9:50 am Reply with quote
Despite the fact that I'm press and could totally have gone to this for free, I paid for tickets and drove 30 minutes down into Jersey to see it. I was surprised by how good the dub was, although I do wish the on-screen Japanese text (like newspaper headlines and text messages) had been subtitled. The audience was enthusiastic and almost everyone stayed for the special features after the movie.

It might seem like a lot of trouble to go to, but the experience of seeing a film specifically made for theaters (3-D sound, sharp graphics, etc) is completely worth it. I can't wait to see the next one.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2