• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The X Button - The Gate Master

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Big Hed

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 11:10 pm Reply with quote
Ah, another force-wielder for SCIV. Talk about cross-promotion.

I know this would be impossible, but I'd way rather that Namco actually include a character from some of the Star Wars EU that's actually, well, good. Not this new bridge material.

Well, it shouldn't be too long now before Luke shows up.
DemonEyesLeo

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 11:23 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
It's rightly assumed that everyone will still be playing Metal Gear Solid 4 by next week

I know I will. In fact, I don't think I'll be doing anything else once I get my hands on it.
BladeDragoonZETA

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 11:35 pm Reply with quote
Golgo 13; immortal stoic badass. more people should be watching that series right now

I have to wonder what Bamco is thinking. I mean Vader and Yoda i can deal with but ANOTHER jedi (who isn't even a particularly well known one) come on.

tell me, do you plan to mention SRW A portable or SRW Z at all?
GATSU

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 11:53 pm Reply with quote
There was an N64 Golgo game in the works? I never heard that. Oh, and thoughts on Ken and Ryu not being in the Chun Li movie? Rolling Eyes
PantsGoblin
Subscriber
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 11:57 pm Reply with quote
I'd be interested in getting Disgaea 3 if I had a PS3. But I don't have one and don't plan on buying one anytime in the foreseeable future. I'd get the Disgaea DS game if I hadn't already played through the game about 50 times. And there isn't enough extras to warrant buying for just that. And I've already made my lvl 9999 (186,000 stored lvls) Divine Majin (which I'd want to be an archer since they're so cute, but bows are so crappy), I don't feel like going through anymore right now. I may consider getting Rhapsody, but I have the PS one and it's so unbelievably easy. If they jacked up the difficulty it may be a good game. Only the music is good, but DS's sound quality isn't that great, so I may not even get it for that. I guess A Witch's Tale is the most likely NIS game this year I see myself buying. Although, I don't know enough about it yet. And I wish it'd be for the PSP instead (not that I don't like the DS, I just see this type of game working better on the PSP).
bleuster

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 1:07 am Reply with quote
Rhapsody, man. It's a crazy, goofy game, but the humor and music is awesome.
I'm surprised (and giddy as all hell) that NIS is getting back in this series after years of nothing. More surprisingly, they're bringing it back to the U.S. Can't wait since I have fond memories of playing this. Hope we can see the sequels released here, too.

I'm a huge fan of Etrian Odyssey, so this is a definitive pick-up seeing how they made the perfect changes to balance the game.
Listen to Uncle Todd, kids. This game is unforgiving if you've only played the bestselling RPG hits of recent times. If you complain about that like what Todd said this should be right up your alley.

If not, check out Rhapsody!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Ryusui

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 1:09 am Reply with quote
Awesome! He fixed the katakana in the logo! Anime smile
Greed1914

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 1:40 am Reply with quote
I think it's a clever move for LusasArts to have the Secret Apprentice in Soul Calibur because it will likely increase interest in the upcoming Force Unleashed game.
Ai no Kareshi

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 1:48 am Reply with quote
Quote:
The game's cast was apparently played by the dub director and two relatives of the Q3 CEO, and perhaps a lot of voice synthesizers. Yes, you can turn on the Japanese vocal track, but I'm not so sure I'd want to.

If the English dub is as epically bad as you make it sound, one wonders why not, though.
Ataru

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 3:44 am Reply with quote
I much rather see Capt. Kirk in SC 4 before another Star Wars character is added. But if they are going to stick with LucasArts, here's hoping that Max from Sam and Max making it in there. Razz

A Tales and Star Ocean game coming to 360 is not very surprising since Mircosoft has always been trying to push it's way in the Japanese market. I won't surprised if Mircosoft "greased the wheel" to get them on the 360 first.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Primus

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 6:03 am Reply with quote
I thought Secret Agent Clank was coming out next week, seems I was wrong Sad Damn it, I hate this drought of good games for the PSP in North America, and Europe. While in Japan they rejoice with their smug "We get more games than you do, and you'll never get ours". Sheesh, SEGA needs to get their rear in gear, and start publishing those 5 Bleach Heat The Soul games for PSP in North America(I realize Sony published them in Japan, but SEGA has the publishing rights here). Really, I blame the software pirates for this, never in a console's lifetime have I seen such rampant piracy as with the PSP(people running ISOs, instead of buying the UMD). It's sad really, because the pirates don't see a connection between them not buying the games, and less games being made.

Really I'm speechless as to how a handheld can have its' sales rise 30%, yet have its' software sales drop 13% despite the excellent lineup from last year.
sepherest

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 6:05 am Reply with quote
Aha, so the news of the awful voice acting in Chaos Wars has gotten 'round. It's gets worse once Yuri from Shadow Hearts is introduced.
But in that paragraph talking about it, shouldn't it be a "quiet" release instead of "quite?"
Descent123

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 7:51 am Reply with quote
Space Invaders looks fun, too bad I don't have a DS.
BleuVII

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 8:36 am Reply with quote
My gosh, that IS the worst dub I've ever heard! They didn't even use a pop filter in recording! [for the non-recording geeks out there, a pop filter can be made from a pair of nylons and a wire hanger, so, no excuse not to have one.] I've seriously made recordings of that quality with a webcam mic before.

I was surprised at the Square-Enix news of the three games coming to 360 as well. If they do all that, and then release FFXIII on the PS3, they are really shooting themselves in the foot, as it cuts down on the returning customers.
Jadress

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 9:42 am Reply with quote
Very Happy DS love AND a passing reference to Vanillaware? I love this column already. Speaking of game dubs, was anyone else surprised by how good FF7 Crisis Core's dub was? I never watched Advent Children dubbed, so I hadn't heard those actors before, but the acting and casting on Crisis Core is very impressive to me.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4