• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Aria Manga to End in 60th Installment in Japan in 2008

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 10:05 pm Reply with quote
I could tell it's about to conclude the story after reading chapters 53 and 55 of volume 11. The final 6 pages of chapter 55 was a complete surprise: spoiler[when Alice graduated from middle school and Athena invited her for a "picnic," I knew it's time for Alice to take one glove off. Acting as merely a customer and a navigator who don't know each other, Alice had shown her excellent professionalism as a Navigator while carrying Athena. After the gondola arrived the hill of windmills (where Akari, Aika, and executives of Orange Planet were already waiting), Athena took a glove off Alice's right hand.]

Big spoiler below; don't highlight it if you want to enjoy the surprise:
spoiler[Yet Athena didn't stop there. She continued and took the other glove on Alice's left hand as well! Shocked Very Happy Alice has become the first ever fully certified (gloveless) Aquarian Navigator directly from a double-gloved trainee.]
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Aromatic Grass

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 10:24 pm Reply with quote
Oh my goodness. And here I thought it was only eight volumes!

(@dormcat: Ahhh, I can't resist spoilers... Anime cry But I look forward to it anyway!)
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
radicaledward

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 11:24 pm Reply with quote
Aromatic Grass wrote:
(@dormcat: Ahhh, I can't resist spoilers... Anime cry But I look forward to it anyway!)
Don't worry, by the time volume 12 is released in the US you will have forgotten the spoiler. Smile

That said though, Tokyopop needs to hurry up and start releasing the new volumes - does anyone know if they will have anything the first three ADV didn't have (ex. colored pages)?
Zalis116

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 12:22 am Reply with quote
Wow, so that means that the Aria: The Origination TV series will animate to the end of the manga? When was the last time we saw that happen with any TV anime adaptation?* I need to start picking up the manga. After all, it'll be my only chance, short of importing, to get legitimate Aria media, since the TV series have zero chance of being brought over here.

*EDIT: Temporary memory blank, Death Note qualifies for that description, but it's still pretty rare.

Last edited by Zalis116 on Thu Dec 27, 2007 1:53 am; edited 1 time in total
kokuryu

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 1:04 am Reply with quote
Ah well, at least I can read the entire series finally! This is the one thing that I hate about translated works for the US - the companies never complete the series! I am glad to see someone taking up the torch and re-releasing it! I wish someone would do the anime series as well....
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 1:58 am Reply with quote
kokuryu wrote:
This is the one thing that I hate about translated works for the US - the companies never complete the series!

It happens everywhere, whenever the licensee finds continuing would result bigger red numbers on the balance sheet. Licensees are businessmen, not philanthropists.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
radicaledward

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 11:14 am Reply with quote
Zalis116 wrote:
Wow, so that means that the Aria: The Origination TV series will animate to the end of the manga? When was the last time we saw that happen with any TV anime adaptation?* I need to start picking up the manga. After all, it'll be my only chance, short of importing, to get legitimate Aria media, since the TV series have zero chance of being brought over here.
I don't know, maybe if Tokyopop shows good returns on the managa they can bring over the anime over as well. To be honest, I would be happy with just a region one release with only subtitles - dubs are nice, but if they are standing in the way of a anime seeing a region one release then by all means I can do without them.
Zirdante

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:24 pm Reply with quote
"Ah well, at least I can read the entire series finally! This is the one thing that I hate about translated works for the US - the companies never complete the series! I am glad to see someone taking up the torch and re-releasing it! I wish someone would do the anime series as well...."

indeed, I hope this won't happen with TokyoPop, would be quite lame if half way through they would suddenly stop licensing or something and leave it hanging.
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 12:04 am Reply with quote
Aromatic Grass wrote:
Oh my goodness. And here I thought it was only eight volumes!

Fortunately seeing your pain was enough to stop my temptation of looking at his spoilers lol. Thanks for taking one for the team Ko. I am sad to hear it's ending as I have been enjoying it thus far and have been looking forward to much more (even if I got into the Aria party a bit late heh).
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1