• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Kiss×sis Manga from Mahoromatic's Ditama to be Animated

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mohawk52

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 10:57 am Reply with quote
Yah! More fodder for the incestuous otaku, even if it's psudo incest No doubt it will have to be heavily spiced with loli-moe. The quality just continues to ooz from Japan like custard.

(Cue the fanboys railing in chorus the responsorial psalm that they are step-sisters so doesn't count.) Rolling Eyes
Zhemos88

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 11:11 am Reply with quote
They are step sisters so it doesn't count. Very Happy

I'm looking forward to it. The manga is absolutely hilarious, I can't wait to see what they do with the anime.
Tomibiki

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 1:10 pm Reply with quote
Oooh ish that hella got me aroused.
Gamen

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 1:11 pm Reply with quote
IIRC, it really isn't incest. spoiler[The parents have put basically no effort in getting the boy to think of his sisters as sisters, and vice versa, and have even encouraged the possibility of marriage. Of course, they may be just inept and thought they were encouraging sibling bonds Very Happy.]

edit: removed extra spoiler tag
Teriyaki Terrier

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 1:26 pm Reply with quote
That is discusting. Even if they aren't related by blood, that is still repulsive.
Kimyo

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 1:36 pm Reply with quote
That sounds dumb. If they're gonna pander to people with an incest fetish, they might as well go for it and make it a blood-bond, not this fake incest! This is like those stupid so-called "Shonen-Ai" titles where all they do is exchange meaningful looks to drive us nuts! Lousy teases!
frubam

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 1:40 pm Reply with quote
Onegai/Please Twins! anyone?
CaptainAvatar

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 1:49 pm Reply with quote
Marmalade Boy anyone?
minakichan

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 2:08 pm Reply with quote
I think the forbidden love genre can cover a pretty wide range, but it's not evenly distributed. You have heartfelt, passionate, meaningful ones that can introduce the real problems and heartache the characters face (Koi Kaze comes to mind, but I haven't seen it), and then you have fetish crap that just caters to squealer fans and has pointless fanservice. Kissxsis joins series like BokuImo and most BL titles as kind of the latter.
dan888

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 2:18 pm Reply with quote
Teriyaki Terrier wrote:
That is discusting. Even if they aren't related by blood, that is still repulsive.

May I suggest then that you don't watch it then.
Monster in a box

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 2:24 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
stepsisters Ako and Riko Suminoe — with no blood relation to him

Aw.

And this isn't loli. Loli has less to do with age, and more to do with looks, and these characters do not look loli.
Gamen

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 2:37 pm Reply with quote
Kimyo wrote:
That sounds dumb. If they're gonna pander to people with an incest fetish, they might as well go for it and make it a blood-bond, not this fake incest! This is like those stupid so-called "Shonen-Ai" titles where all they do is exchange meaningful looks to drive us nuts! Lousy teases!

In my home state of New Hampshire, stepsiblings and adopted siblings can marry, though a brief look at Japanese law seems to say they cannot...
Edit: Nevermind, Article 736 wasn't the correct article, 735 was. And yeah, 735 says that stepsiblings can't marry even after their parents divorce. Strange.

Last edited by Gamen on Fri Jun 20, 2008 2:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Raoh

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 2:39 pm Reply with quote
I'm wondering how many people are commenting on this without having read it.

The fact is, when the manga starts out, its shortly after the boy and the girls parents got married. It's not like they've even lived together a long time.

And yeah, the parents do encourage what happens. However, more of the series is taken in a light-hearted comedy aspect, than anything else.

Personally, I wouldn't even consider it incestuous at all. I think the only reason it is the way it is is because the author wanted to give it a snazzy title, which he did.

It's wonderful to know that some people will still comment on things like this without having facts or proper information to make an actual well thought out reply.

Then again, this manga hasn't hit America, yet, so, I don't expect too many have read it. So, to make a statement; if you've seen Mahoromatic than you should know what to expect from this series.
Westlo

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 7:11 pm Reply with quote
I've been a fan of the manga for a long time now and I'm looking forward to this adaption.
DrizzlingEnthalpy

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 12:40 am Reply with quote
As much as I like Mahoromatic, I wasn't that impressed with this manga. This just seemed to me to be one of those manga that's completely fanservice driven, and I stopped reading after a while.

I do wonder, however, how much will this be censored? The level of sexual innuendo in this makes Mahoromatic look very innocent and pure. Can you really show a silhouette of the protagonist's erect penis (with a girl staring at it, even)? Will the anime keep the manga's not-so-indirect references to semen and Bartholin's fluid?
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2