• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: The Tower of Druaga: the Sword of URUK Anime in 2009

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
v1cious

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 4:36 pm Reply with quote
a freaking cliffhanger? now i'm even more discouraged to watch the last episode.
Nebs

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 4:38 pm Reply with quote
The end of the opening credits always showed a poster for the series that said 7/2009. Maybe this was a hint to when the second season would start. But in my oppinion, July 09 is too far of a wait. It'll probably be a Winter or Spring series.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Teriyaki Terrier

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 4:39 pm Reply with quote
v1cious wrote:
a freaking cliffhanger? now i'm even more discouraged to watch the last episode.

For me, the first episode was what made me decide not to continue watching this series. Honestly, I think this series was even worse than Hayate the Combant Butler.
frubam

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 4:50 pm Reply with quote
v1cious wrote:
The episode is awesome, and there are so many extra WTFs that pop up, but still it's worth watching.
Nebs

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 4:54 pm Reply with quote
Teriyaki Terrier wrote:
For me, the first episode was what made me decide not to continue watching this series. Honestly, I think this series was even worse than Hayate the Combant Butler.

The first episode of Druaga was nothing like the rest of the series. The very end of that episode should've told you that the actual story was much more serious. They basically pulled a Haruhi (episode 00).

Anyway, I actually enjoyed the first ep.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
narutoismybrother

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 5:02 pm Reply with quote
Wonderful. Everyone knew it was coming since they saw the OP.
Kougeru

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 5:30 pm Reply with quote
Teriyaki Terrier wrote:
v1cious wrote:

thats not saying much concidering how awesome Hayate is.
Teriyaki Terrier

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 5:42 pm Reply with quote
Nebs wrote:
Teriyaki Terrier wrote:

The first episode of Druaga was nothing like the rest of the series. The very end of that episode should've told you that the actual story was much more serious. They basically pulled a Haruhi (episode 00).

Anyway, I actually enjoyed the first ep.

Your probably right, but I am quite picky about the anime I watch. If only they didn't do that, I might have continued this series.
Sarukah

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 5:51 pm Reply with quote
Yes! Im so glad that Druaga is getting a second series, but dang, somewhere in '09 is too long of a wait Sad
egoist

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 6:14 pm Reply with quote
Teriyaki Terrier wrote:
v1cious wrote:

Now, now. We all know that hayate no gotoku was/is an horrible anime i really have no idea how i watched the first season, well putting that aside druaga - the aegis of uruk was a really nice anime with a storyline and a very nice art.
YotaruVegeta

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 6:52 pm Reply with quote
Isn't that what the poster is alluding to in the opening animation for every episode?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Siegel Clyne

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 6:55 pm Reply with quote
Similar to GONZO anime productions The Tower of DRUAGA -the Aegis of URUK- and BLASSREITER, GONZO parent company GDH indicates that the 1-cour, 12-episode Strike Witches television anime series will be offered to viewers overseas on YouTube and Crunchyroll.

Strike Witches is scheduled to air from July 2008 to September 2008 on various UHF TV stations across Japan and on BS NTV.

Last edited by Siegel Clyne on Fri Jun 20, 2008 6:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
YotaruVegeta

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 6:56 pm Reply with quote
Isn't that what the poster is alluding to in the opening animation for every episode?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
kokuryu

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 7:41 pm Reply with quote
Nebs wrote:
The end of the opening credits always showed a poster for the series that said 7/2009. Maybe this was a hint to when the second season would start. But in my oppinion, July 09 is too far of a wait. It'll probably be a Winter or Spring series.

Well its a poster for the MOVIE, so my guess is a Winter series followed by a movie.
hurricanefransee

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 2:00 am Reply with quote
Quote:

yeah i hope so too. and i hope that the date is mabey a movie to show the final ending or mabey the next game in the series or something.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2