• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Anime Merchants Association

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail
View previous topic :: View next topic  
isaacada1

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2003 7:17 pm Reply with quote
I'm curiuos if anime and manga retailers plan to start a similar orgainization to this one.

Interactive Entertainment Merchant’s Association (IEMA)http://www.iema.org

IEMA members include the following: Best Buy, Blockbuster Entertainment, Circuit City, CompUSA, Gamesource, Electronics Boutique, Hastings Entertainment, Hollywood Video, KB Toys, Kmart, Meijer, Movie Gallery, Musicland, Shopko Stores, Target, Toys R Us, Transworld Entertainment and Wal-Mart.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
isaacada1

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2004 6:22 pm Reply with quote
I'm curious if independant anime stores would join this as well.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Sword of Whedon

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2004 7:53 pm Reply with quote
Unlikely unless the hammer starts coming down on carding people for anime and manga. The Interactive association was to establish industry wide guidelines
Emerje

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2004 1:44 am Reply with quote
2 quick questions:

1. Why would they need to?
2. Why wouldn't they just join the existing IEMA since it appears to be nonspecific?

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1