• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Vampire Knight's 2nd Season to Air in Japan in October

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
marie-antoinette

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 8:03 am Reply with quote
It's good to have confirmation about when the anime is continuing, since it is fairly obvious that the first season was barely able to begin to cover the manga. I'm also glad there isn't too long of a wait, though I would prefer to have more episodes now than later, since this is my favourite currently running anime.
sunflower

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 8:53 am Reply with quote
I never realized the first season was only 13 episodes. What were they thinking? They had to know how wildly popular it would be, considering how volumes of the manga are always sold out. I don't think 26 episodes could do it justice. I don't suppose the second season is 26, to give us 39? Otherwise they'll just be hitting the best parts when the second season is ending.
marie-antoinette

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 9:10 am Reply with quote
It is going to be difficult to get too far however, if they don't want to surpass the manga and have to take the story in a different direction (which, considering how closely they have followed the story so far, would be quite a shame).

I think 26 episodes all together could tell a good deal of the story, while still leaving enough left over for another season or two once the manga has finished.
kokuryu

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 9:17 am Reply with quote
Cool - I am glad they are doing the 2nd season, definitely advance the story along a great deal! I am looking forward to ep 13!
FireChick
Subscriber

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 9:33 am Reply with quote
EHH!? I thought they meant they'll give us another 26 episodes! I guess the first season will just be 13 episodes and the last 13 will be the 2nd season. I wonder if there's gonna be a new OP or ED?
jedimaster5000

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 9:51 am Reply with quote
Actually, I think it's better for everyone that each season is only 13 episodes. Because it is much better if an anime is always original and true to the manga. Since, most likely, you probably don't like fillers, then its good it have a break (or do you mind)? Plus look at the manga, it have only 41 chapters, and it's better if they give the mangaka time to do more chapters for the anime
phoenixphire24

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 11:39 am Reply with quote
I was a little worried about this since I heard that they were making 26 episodes, but that it was suddenly ending at ep 13! But, it looks like they're just taking a break over the summer and finishing out the other 13 eps in the fall. Junjou Romantica is doing the same thing. Guess my week to week downloads are going to dramatically drop off since Library War is also ending!
GATSU

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 12:38 pm Reply with quote
To be honest, I'm surprised they only got 13 eps, with all that filler in the manga....
Senna

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 1:00 pm Reply with quote
I always assumed Vampire Knight was going to be a 26 episode series Rolling Eyes Well, this will give me time to check out some of the summer series, so I don't mind at all -- I seem to complain about VK every week anyway ^^;
MageofFire

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 2:46 pm Reply with quote
Aw. I really like this series so waiting is going to be hard. If the other running series I like updates better then I can handle the wait for Vampire Knight to continue.
Spotlesseden

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 4:55 pm Reply with quote
i think the manga is about to end too(maybe at Volume 10th?) Lets hope the anime ending is going to be the same as the manga.
ihaven't see the anime yet, i may check it out if some fansub would release 720p version.
marie-antoinette

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 8:15 pm Reply with quote
The manga seems like it might be getting close to ending, but there's still a decent amount that is going to have to happen first. I expect that it would at least get to 50 chapters or so.
Shawaazu

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 8:50 pm Reply with quote
No surprise there. Glad to know that there will be more.
GATSU

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 9:34 pm Reply with quote
I imagine the reason it might be ending is it doesn't have any real direction at this point.
Banken

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 10:38 pm Reply with quote
I watched a few episodes because I like vampire stories, but then I realized it was just another generic shoujo anime (the guys are hotter than the girls for chrissakes).
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2