• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Birdy the Mighty Decode Sci-Fi Comedy TV Ad Streamed

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kokuryu

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 12:59 pm Reply with quote
Cool - I am looking forward to this! I liked the original Birdy the Mighty series, so hopefully this one will be great as well!
Chrno2

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 2:06 pm Reply with quote
Wow this looks interesting. I'll have to give this a look when it's finally released. I picked up the 'Kawarjiri - Creator Spotlight' awhile back (which contains 'Birdy the Mighty') so I have yet to watch it. I saw only the first episode but didn't really have a chance to explore more into it. So I'll have to put that on my "to watch" list this summer.

But the design so far doesn't seem too far off. But I'm sure the show will get some slick animation. So looking forward to it.

Oh the link isn't working. So I had to go somewhere else. Looks like they're going for a more up to date feel to draw in the fan demographics. At first I thought the animation was a 'Gainax' flick.

Well, if they can give 'Guyver' reboot then why not 'Birdy'.
frubam

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 3:26 pm Reply with quote
It looks pretty good, I hope they can replicate THIS fight scene, both the fighting and the music was great. That was one of the things I liked about the original. Can't wait for it Anime smile

I will admit though, I'm gonna miss the english voices. They were cheesy, but fit extremely well for me(particularly Tsutomu, and yes I'm serious Mad .
hikaru004

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 5:26 pm Reply with quote
Hopefully, they will do something better. We've seen The Terminator already.
Dargonxtc

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 7:18 pm Reply with quote
kokuryu wrote:
Cool - I am looking forward to this! I liked the original Birdy the Mighty series, so hopefully this one will be great as well!

My thoughts as well.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Renaisance Otaku

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 10:22 pm Reply with quote
I'm greatly looking forward to this as a fan of the previous anime. Kawajiri's direction will be missed, but Akane should do well.

Shame we can't get the manga.

It's been great for oldschool fans this year. new Gundam, Macross, Votoms, Birdy, and Cobra.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1