• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Gunslinger Girl's Video-Only Episode Titles Announced

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
daedelus

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 12:28 pm Reply with quote
Well, since Funi is going to release the entire season in one set, even if they don't have the OVAs yet, they can just release them on a separate single volume at a later time.

I think there would have been a mention of 2 ova episodes when the acquisition was announced, so I guess it's back to the negotiating table for Funi.
LordPrometheus

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 12:41 pm Reply with quote
This has been my most anticipated anime for over a year now. 2009 can't come fast enough.
icepick314

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 12:46 pm Reply with quote
I had these OAVs preordered at Amazon Japan along with TV series since first DVD...

the OAVs were known before the DVD release in Japan so it'll be odd that Funimation wouldn't have OAVs as well as TV series....
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
DFBTG

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 2:36 pm Reply with quote
I would love to say "finally", but I haven't even seen the rest of the series yet (episode 1 aside, and admittedly after that I took a very long break...going from the original to the this made the characters scream moe to me and I couldn't take it). My pseudo-complaint aside, I probably will pick the series up again eventually. Anyway, are these supposed to after the TV series, between certain episodes (like the Elfen Lied OVA), or what?
Amiantos

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 3:15 pm Reply with quote
I'd be more excited about this news if I haven't heard the 2nd Gunslinger Girl series was complete crap. That and the fact I'm not a fan of the way the characters look in it compared to the first series done by Madhouse.
Ggultra2764
Subscriber

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 3:24 pm Reply with quote
Either these OAVs are going to be fillers or they're gonna tie up some loose ends regarding some of the character backgrounds. In the case of character backgrounds, I'm hoping an OAV sheds some light on what Triela's life was like before becoming a Social Welfare Agency cyborg since the first GG series didn't cover anything on her past.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
WhtHawk

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 7:19 pm Reply with quote
I wonder if they have the episodes but were not allowed to disclose them yet? I'm hoping we get official releases, it will look nice next to my existing GSG box.
Chrno2

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 11:20 am Reply with quote
I'm so looking forward to season 2. I hope they include the "VOE".

After selling my first season of 'GsG' to a good friend (who loves the show) now I'll have to buy it again. Very Happy
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1