• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Chobits plushies

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Aromatic Grass

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2004 4:05 pm Reply with quote
I heard that they only make the Chobits dolls (perhaps other ones -- but Chobits is what I'm talking about) for a month, and stop. How many people actually get those? (I have Chi, Sumomo, Yumi, and that pink bunny....)
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Emerje

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2004 11:15 pm Reply with quote
That's how the industry works in Japan. If they're made for a limited market like arcades and comic shops (such as UFO catchers) then they only get a rotation of about a month making way for the next big property. Retail items like the stuff you find in department stores and toy stores will have a much longer shelf life. It really depends on how they're marketed.

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Luff-Chan

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2004 11:52 pm Reply with quote
I have a Chii plushie in a maid outfit Anime smile It is so soft and cute. I saw the pink bunny, and Chii in another outfit, but I ran out of money Anime cry
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1