• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Fushigi Yuugi's Yuu Watase to Start New Original Work

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
marie-antoinette

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 5:35 am Reply with quote
Three series at once? Wow. I knew Watase could be a bit of a workaholic at times, but even for her that's a bit much (I know she's done two series at once, but don't think it's ever gone up to three).

Luckily I think Genbu Kaiden is drawing to a conclusion (I believe someone said that she wanted to end it at around 10 volumes, and there are 7 out at the moment, IIRC). So that will bring it back down to two.

I hope the new series, and Sakura Gari, get licensed. We need more Watase manga over here!
Celes

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 8:57 am Reply with quote
It always thrills me to hear Watase news, I hope some of her new stuff comes over here. She is probably my favorite manga-ka and I support and read everything she has produced that has been published in English.
Aura Ichadora

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 10:57 am Reply with quote
Ooo, it's nice to hear that she's starting something new, and I can't wait to see if it'll be licensed in America sometime in the future. ^^

I still want to see the live-action drama of Absolute Boyfriend though, but I don't know where I'd be able to find it with English subtitles. Anime hyper
LydiaDianne

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 11:36 am Reply with quote
Quote:
She assured her readers that the Fushigi Yuugi: Genbu Kaiden spinoff manga will continue; the manga will move from the Perfect World magazine to Monthly Flowers magazine and run on an irregular schedule.

The irregular schedule for FY:GK worries me a bit but if it ends at 10 volumes hopefully it won't be too long.

Well, it certainly will be interesting to see what the new series will be about. But I also hope that Ms. Watase takes care of her health and doesn't over-do it.
st_owly

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 12:28 pm Reply with quote
Sounds interesting. I'm glad genbu is continuing. Wonder if she'll ever do Byakko? I hope Sakura Gari gets licenced as well.
Sariachan

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 9:00 pm Reply with quote
I'm a bit too old for her manga, but I'm still interested in her works, and I want to know what this new manga will be about!

I hope it won't be a shoujo but a jousei, though.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Asano Rain

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 5:49 am Reply with quote
Hopefully, she doesn't overwork herself again and need to take another extended break for health reasons.

On a side note, very excited about her upcoming new series (which we know nothing about). The new chapters of both Sakura Gari and Genbu Kaiden that came out this month are keeping me pretty placated though.
Shuichi

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 6:25 am Reply with quote
marie-antoinette wrote:
Three series at once? Wow. I knew Watase could be a bit of a workaholic at times, but even for her that's a bit much (I know she's done two series at once, but don't think it's ever gone up to three).

She is only doing two series at once. She has already completed Sakura Gari.
marie-antoinette

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 10:07 am Reply with quote
Shuichi wrote:

Really? Because that's not what the article says. Sakura Gari only just started, I can't see how she would be finished it already.

ANyway, I'd be a bit worried about the irregular schedule for Genbu, except for the fact that it was already coming out really slowly anyway. So this could very well end up being faster than when the Perfect World magazine was serializing it.

I'm sure she'll do Byakko eventually, but I wouldn't expect it to be any time in the near future. Especially with all the other projects she has going.
Asano Rain

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 11:37 am Reply with quote
Shuichi wrote:
marie-antoinette wrote:

Sakura Gari is not complete yet. The series will be 3 volumes long according to Watase, and it's about 1 volume and a half in so far.
mistress_reebi

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 7:24 pm Reply with quote
Sad Now FYGK will be slower if she works on another story! Maybe her new one will be the Byakko story. Highly doubt it but that would be an interesting twist. She's probably going to do josei since her latest works have been mature.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1