• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Nico Nico Douga to Delete Videos with Derived Content

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SharinganEye

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 4:29 pm Reply with quote
Bye Lucky Star-Zetsubou Sensei opening!
Kougeru

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 4:35 pm Reply with quote
Sad But everyone loves MAD videos
narutoismybrother

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 5:14 pm Reply with quote
There goes all the best videos right out the window. Evil or Very Mad
Viga_of_stars

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 5:53 pm Reply with quote
Why not use you tube then? They don't have a you tube japan site?
houkoholic

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 6:04 pm Reply with quote
Viga_of_stars wrote:
Why not use you tube then? They don't have a you tube japan site?

Obviously you've never been to nicodouga.

The major difference between nicodouga and Youtube is nicodouga's special system where user can post comments at specific time and in their desired font style (colour, size, alignment, scrolling etc) which are then layed directly over the video. Most comments are pretty bad and pointless (like Youtube), but sometimes people find very creative use for them, such as overlaying ASCII art or making new dialogue or lyrics etc. Sometimes some really boring clips can be given a new life just due to these comments alone.
Splitter

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 6:15 pm Reply with quote
So... that makes Nico's existence pretty much useless, right?
Warstar77

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 6:40 pm Reply with quote
its not the end of the world its just nicodouga ok and so dont worry and who nows maybe the anime companies will post the new aniime online like on youtube and crunchyroll and if anime fans around ask them it will be illegal download down 70% and this will help and genzo has the right idea and i think its good what genzo is doing too so and if this works and the other companies will do it too it will cut the illgeal downloads 80% and it will work and the illegal downloaders will disappear lol and the anime companies put there anime online will rule. and put the fansubbers for good use. Cool
SinsI

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 6:42 pm Reply with quote
What next? Comiket raids and arrest of all doujinshi artists?
One of the most idiotic moves I've ever seen, they are directly destroying their own sales with this and gain absolutely nothing in return.
skyesage

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 6:48 pm Reply with quote
I guess that means good bye to every single Caramelldansen video...not to mention all the Danjo parodies and the DN OP 2 parodies :/.
BellosTheMighty

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 6:49 pm Reply with quote
They're not going after Hatsune-chan, are they? There will be some serious unpleasantness if they do, I can tell you that...
Warstar77

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 6:53 pm Reply with quote
if all the anime companies all round with dubbed anime do this too it will help slow download illegal downlaod but it will also increase fans and anime sales too its ok and as my saying kick illegal downloaders off the boot and anime showing online begin this will happen and all anime fans overseas and anime fans who like dub and anime subs love this idea and the sailes will increase and bring back anime american companies as well. besides anime fans love like the new anime series in japan to to air online and it will be great for both of us and english dub fans too and but it will be great lol
SinsI

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 7:09 pm Reply with quote
Warstar77 wrote:
if all the anime companies all round with dubbed anime do this too it will help slow download illegal downlaod but it will also increase fans and anime sales too its ok and as my saying kick illegal downloaders off the boot and anime showing online begin this will happen and all anime fans overseas and anime fans who like dub and anime subs love this idea and the sailes will increase and bring back anime american companies as well. besides anime fans love like the new anime series in japan to to air online and it will be great for both of us and english dub fans too and but it will be great lol

This is not about "illegal downlaod"s. This is about user-made AMV's and other types of MAD's - completely different from a copy of the original video. Free advertising that only increased the popularity of the shows they are made of and helped the sales. What they are doing is decreasing the number of fans!
All the anime fans everythere will suffer because of this - regardless of whether or not they were buying it - and anime industry will suffer the most of all.
Maryohki

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 7:16 pm Reply with quote
Warstar77 wrote:
its not the end of the world its just nicodouga ok and so don't worry and who nows maybe the anime companies will post the new aniime online like on youtube and crunchyroll and if anime fans around ask them it will be illegal download down 70% and this will help and genzo has the right idea and i think its good what genzo is doing too so and if this works and the other companies will do it too it will cut the illgeal downloads 80% and it will work and the illegal downloaders will disappear lol and the anime companies put there anime online will rule. and put the fansubbers for good use. Cool

*facepalm* you don't know what you're talking about. At all.

And this is completely ridiculous. Copyright infringement; BAAAAAAW who cares in this instance? The anime companies should be going after people distributing the raws and fansubs, not these fan videos that only bring in fans. Idiots.
Warstar77

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 7:22 pm Reply with quote
not the end of the world and Nico Nico Douga will still have openings and mad videos just not the anime eps and just live action eps and live action movies and anime movies and thoses will just go and not openings and mad videos. and i pridect in the far future a sharing site will be opened with anime, movies, and cartoons from all over the world and old ones too but onces they are aired and than the will be lock away for ten and ten years later the stuff is back on for memeries and but the sharing site will be added for broadcast from all over the world and it will be partnered with companies. This will counter piracy and other stuff too and saving anime series and not anime movie and anime series and its plan and but once it is set and the broadcast on the internet will begin lol Cool

Last edited by Warstar77 on Wed Jul 02, 2008 7:29 pm; edited 2 times in total
bradc

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 7:26 pm Reply with quote
Maryohki wrote:
*facepalm* you don't know what you're talking about. At all.

And this is completely ridiculous. Copyright infringement; BAAAAAAW who cares in this instance? The anime companies should be going after people distributing the raws and fansubs, not these fan videos that only bring in fans. Idiots.

If people have no clue if the series they are watching or know how good the series is. Why buy the DVD in a hurry when you have no clue what the story and characters and content of the series is about???

Fans will buy the DVD when it becomes available, when they can. Again it goes back to the fans who buy and collect. Fans are same as every customers out there to support every business and franchises existence. Without fans and costumers they are pretty much losing business entirely.

Last edited by bradc on Wed Jul 02, 2008 7:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4