• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Anime Expo 2008 Preview

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kenshin77

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 9:20 pm Reply with quote
Does anybody think we will hear anything about Geneon's Licenses. I hope somebody will pick up their catalog, but I won't hold my breath.
phoenixphire24

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 9:30 pm Reply with quote
I better hear some Ouran release dates from Funi... Evil or Very Mad
Dargonxtc

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 9:51 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Nozomi Entertainment

Nozomi, the licensing and production arm of online anime shop The Right Stuf International also plans to use Anime Expo to unveil several new projects. The TRSI/Nozomi panel is currently scheduled for 3 p.m. on Friday, July 4.

That's an understatement. Geez, you get the Media Alert email they sent. Methinks they will be announcing more than just one title this year, unlike last. And I also bet at least one of them will be getting dubbed. My prediction only. :P
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
samuelp
Industry Insider

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 10:19 pm Reply with quote
So, no mention of an ADV panel, but also no mention of them being conspicuously missing?

Something doesn't make sense.... or does it?
Ggultra2764
Subscriber

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 10:19 pm Reply with quote
phoenixphire24 wrote:

Hope Laura Bailey's involved. I'd love to hear her voicing the French otaku, Renge-chan. Wink
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
CorneredAngel

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 10:23 pm Reply with quote
samuelp wrote:

ADV is there, with a sneak peeks panel on Thursday, I believe, and the standard industry panel on Friday.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
samuelp
Industry Insider

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 10:33 pm Reply with quote
CorneredAngel wrote:
samuelp wrote:

ADV is there, with a sneak peeks panel on Thursday, I believe, and the standard industry panel on Friday.

Well that's on the schedule on the website... But then why is it missing from your own site's summary?
I suggest you ask the guy who wrote it Smile.
Gewürtztraminer

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 10:36 pm Reply with quote
ADV has me kinda worried. The release date for vol 2 of Shattered Angels was last week, yet it is still showing as on order at every place I check.

No release date for vol 4 of the Wallflower.

I did not see Kanon 6 in stores today.

Yet I did pick up the double pack Cosplay Complex, My Dear Marie that had a release date of today, last week at Best Buy, as well as the fresh thinpaks of previously released material.

Building cash?
abstract-alchemist

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 11:46 pm Reply with quote
Is anyone going to be reporting about the Funimation Panel? It would be great if we could get a summary of the talk on US Fansubs talk. I'd like to hear their thoughts on it.
fighterholic

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 12:16 am Reply with quote
I'd like to see what Funi will do about the rest of One Piece, but I don't think I'm going to worry about ADV that much.
doctordoom85

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 9:38 am Reply with quote
abstract-alchemist wrote:
Is anyone going to be reporting about the Funimation Panel? It would be great if we could get a summary of the talk on US Fansubs talk. I'd like to hear their thoughts on it.

I dunno, is it going to be any different from the one Greg Aryes did a while back? That one is available on Youtube, just search for "Anime Detour 2008 Greg Aryes". It was a very good panel, and Greg made some excellent points.

Awesome to hear about Bandai revealing the Gurren Lagann cast, but I'm really hoping Funimation has news on D. Gray-man, as well as maybe some insight as to where they are at on One Piece (I heard they were dubbing in the late 20's about 2 weeks ago).

I hope some light will be shed as to what's going on with ADV. Sad
reversethief

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 12:34 pm Reply with quote
phoenixphire24 wrote:

I know what you mean, they announced the license almost a year ago. And with them just announcing the voice cast, I'm betting on not seeing a release until next year. I am hoping I'm wrong because waiting even longer is just disappointing.
bglassbrook

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 8:00 pm Reply with quote
abstract-alchemist wrote:

Quote:
On Thursday, July 3, Funimation's Marketing Director, Lance Heiskell, will be one of the participants in the Anime in the U.S: Fansubs - the Death of Anime? panel discussion.

Considering Lance is occasionally quite visible around here, it will be nice to dream about seeing a more constructive post-panel thread than will likely happen.
billyarnie

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 8:24 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
If you've ever wanted to break into the glamorous and exciting world of anime journalism, on Thursday, July 3, at 5:00, ANN will be hosting a panel just for you. The next day, Friday, July 4, at 10 a.m., Zac "Answerman" Bertschy and Bamboo "SakechanBD" Dong, ANN's Executive Editor and Managing Editor respectively, along with several special industry guests, will run a discussion on the art of reviewing anime. Finally, at 6 p.m. the same day, the full senior editorial staff of Anime News Network, led by Editor-in-Chief Christopher Macdonald, will be on hand for a panel full of questions, answers, and giveaways.

Aw, Man! I'll be lucky if I can make it to San Japan in my home town in August... The "Answerman", "Bamboo Dong" & more? ZOMFG! BTW, give Justin, Mario Bueno & Ellie Lee a vacation... send ANNtv to LaLaLand! Oh, Robin... take care of Nina, Paola & Kevin... Wink I'll MISS U GUYZ! Anime cry

Edited: OOPS! My Bad... Robin will be at NYAF... still, if you sneak in with the rest, take care of the gang, OK?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
phoenixphire24

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 10:31 pm Reply with quote
reversethief wrote:
phoenixphire24 wrote:

I know what you mean, they announced the license almost a year ago. And with them just announcing the voice cast, I'm betting on not seeing a release until next year. I am hoping I'm wrong because waiting even longer is just disappointing.

I'm with you there. I rarely watch anime with English dubs, so I wish they'd just put out a set and be done with it. I'm tired of waiting. Crying or Very sad
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2