• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Buried Garbage - Dog Soldier

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
penguintruth

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 7:53 pm Reply with quote
Well, look at it this way: the writer got better later on. Though FMA sort of blames the white people, too, now that I think of it.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
danth78

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 3:38 am Reply with quote
No way, I just bought and watched this show last week! Like other people have said, it was at every Blockbuster back in the nineties, and even though the cover art was burned into my mind, I never did rent it. So I figured I'd finally check it out for a nostalgia kick.

I thought it was pretty enjoyable in a ridiculous sort of way. It's funny how the set up is so similar to Macross Plus: the protagonist, the love interest, and the foreigner/alien were childhood friends, and now fate has reunited them for an epic showdown! If the show didn't start taking itself seriously towards the end, it would have made a decent adventure anime.

I disagree with the animation being "ass" though, and I rather liked the old-school character designs.
KabaKabaFruit

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 9:15 pm Reply with quote
Well, let's look at it this way. Dog Soldier may well be more easier to stomach than this little gem. Razz
enurtsol

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 2:31 am Reply with quote
KabaKabaFruit wrote:
Well, let's look at it this way. Dog Soldier may well be more easier to stomach than this little gem. Razz

Hey! I used to watch that! Laughing
LauraOrganaSolo

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 12:45 am Reply with quote
The Ramblin' Wreck wrote:
Wait, so the same writer who did Full Metal Alchemist did Urotsukudoji?

My mind is officially blown.

That's exactly what I came here to say. Razz

Urotsukudoji/Legend of the Overfiend was the first time I had ever heard of tentacles involved in sex acts. I was in high school in 2000 and a friend of mine used to rent anime from the local comic shop and watch it with his dad. They picked up Urotsukudoji without paying much attention to any warning labels on the box.

I hear it was one of the most awkward experiences of his life.
enurtsol

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 2:52 am Reply with quote
LauraOrganaSolo wrote:
The Ramblin' Wreck wrote:
Wait, so the same writer who did Full Metal Alchemist did Urotsukudoji?

My mind is officially blown.

That's exactly what I came here to say. Razz

Urotsukudoji/Legend of the Overfiend was the first time I had ever heard of tentacles involved in sex acts. I was in high school in 2000 and a friend of mine used to rent anime from the local comic shop and watch it with his dad. They picked up Urotsukudoji without paying much attention to any warning labels on the box.

I hear it was one of the most awkward experiences of his life.

You should had forewarned him. Laughing
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2