• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Tokyopop Announces New Manga Titles

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
minakichan

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 1:21 pm Reply with quote
Kaichou wa Maid-sama! *_*

But I was hoping Viz would get it Anime cry
Pandy Wandy

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 1:24 pm Reply with quote
Hurray for Maid-sama! With Viz having Host Club and Vampire Knight, Tokyopop got themselves a slice of the Lala pie too. I wonder if they had to put up a fight for it.
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 1:27 pm Reply with quote
Hmm, second AX-announced license with the author coming to Taiwan next month. With the drama CD featuring one of the most popular male seiyū ever since 2006 I expect the manga to be animated in near future.

I've got three versions of guest list now. Something is really wrong; hopefully I can clear things up next Monday.

Last edited by dormcat on Sat Jul 05, 2008 1:43 pm; edited 3 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Sheleigha

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 1:29 pm Reply with quote
I'm happy seeing yet another .hack title (even if all of the books are retellings in different points of views), but I'm still wondering why .hack//ZERO has been skipped. I'm hoping there's still a chance of it sometime in the future to come out.
Busaiku Chama

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 1:45 pm Reply with quote
Nice for Maid-sama!
I look forward to that.
kokuryu

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 1:48 pm Reply with quote
Why are they announcing new titles after announcing they are cutting a ton of old titles and not finishing some series? I'm not too happy with this at all... They let the fans down who were getting the other titles...
RadicaLElly

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 2:05 pm Reply with quote
kokuryu wrote:
Why are they announcing new titles after announcing they are cutting a ton of old titles and not finishing some series? I'm not too happy with this at all... They let the fans down who were getting the other titles...

Have they specifically announced they're cutting any titles? From my understanding they're just going to be releasing fewer volumes per year.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Safetygirl0

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 2:25 pm Reply with quote
Seems like they're still on good terms with Hakusensha, which must be vital at this point.

Very pleased also for a formal (re?) announcement of Peacemaker Kurogane, this makes me feel better about the status of the first series.
slickwataris

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 2:52 pm Reply with quote
Maybe they should straighten out their current lineup before announcing new titles. It amazes me how they complain their titles aren't selling and then license half a dozen new series no one has ever heard of before.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Mohawk52

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 2:56 pm Reply with quote
For some reason that my old brain cell can't comprehend, the book images only half download. I enjoy Fruba so if Those With Wings is just as good, or better I'll be purchasing yet more books for my straining shelf. Wink
Hi no Neko

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 3:04 pm Reply with quote
Looks like they're stocking up on Takaya for when Fruits Basket dries up, ah? x3
Julia-the-Great

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 3:16 pm Reply with quote
Oooooh, yay! Those With Wings! I wanted to read that! Smile
einhorn303

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 3:31 pm Reply with quote
No mention of their French aquisitions at all? That's what's interested me the most. The Franco-Belgian comic scene has a lot of talent and interesting artistic traditions, and I'm glad to see more stuff coming over to English.

It seems really weird, though, how Soleil (the French comics publishing company) has partnerships with both Tokyopop and Marvel. Aren't they like, mortal enemies?
Dragynstorm

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 3:50 pm Reply with quote
slickwataris wrote:
Maybe they should straighten out their current lineup before announcing new titles. It amazes me how they complain their titles aren't selling and then license half a dozen new series no one has ever heard of before.

Agreed. What happened to some of their other novel series, like Kino? I'm getting hesitant to pick up anything they put out because they seem to be stopping so many releases. Sad
midori kou

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 4:36 pm Reply with quote
I'm glad that they are releasing Takaya's earlier series. Those are my personal favorites, especially Phantom Dream.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3