• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Man Arrested for Threatening Nana Mizuki Online

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Splitter

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 3:59 pm Reply with quote
Oh my god! Poor Mizuki-san, I really hope she isn't too shaken up about this. She's such an amazing seiyuu and even better singer IMO.
zettai-zetsubou

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 4:07 pm Reply with quote
It happens, lets just be glad that nothing big like the massacre in Akihabara.
kokuryu

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 4:08 pm Reply with quote
I think this is the first time that the police have admitted to having a problem with the knife wielding killers I first mentioned months and months ago...
Mohawk52

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 4:19 pm Reply with quote
Some mothers do have 'em, and they lives. Rolling Eyes
melonbread

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 4:32 pm Reply with quote
This is getting quite ridiculous now. How many more people are going to post their intents online like this O_O
DmonHiro

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 4:44 pm Reply with quote
The fans would have ripped him apart Very Happy
Ktimene's Lover

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 4:45 pm Reply with quote
I hope they nail this bastard.
aluria

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 4:52 pm Reply with quote
I'm glad they got the guy before anyone was hurt though it sounds like he just wanted a reaction and wasn't going to go through with it...

Don't really want take any chances though.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Teriyaki Terrier

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 4:53 pm Reply with quote
Just to see others reaction is something this guy most likely wanted. I can understand the reaction part, but I can't understand why this guy would actually want to harm someone in the process?

At least in this case, no one was hurt or worse off, dead. Something tells me the Japanese Police have this all under control. As this guy is most likely be in a jail for quite a while, if not sent to soltary confinement.
ryanvamp

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 4:56 pm Reply with quote
Wow, this headline really scared me. Not only because I'm actually a fan of her, but also I worried about these kind of events becoming more common place and frequent. It's cool to know that the police took all the necessary precautions.
Kougeru

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 5:11 pm Reply with quote
lol I feel bad for complaining that she's in like every anime I watch lately. She's a great actress but all her characters sound too similiar IMO. Wonder why he picked her though.
dtm42

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 5:14 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
The authorities did not find a dagger knife or a two-ton truck at Hori's home or its surroundings.

Oh please. If that isn't the funniest thing I'll read today, I don't know what will be.

He was just another social outcast on the internet who talked tough to gain attention. It was obvious he never intended to go ahead with it. That said, the police could possibly still get him on threatening to kill, but he would be better served by a councilor. Or perhaps a girlfriend, though I doubt he has much chance of finding someone who isn't as messed up as he.

I'm glad the concert wasn't canceled on account of this man. It would have been ironic if it was indeed canceled, given that he wasn't going to go ahead with it.
Tofusensei

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 5:21 pm Reply with quote
Anyone here with legal knowledge know if such a threat would be illegal in America? Part of me feels that his civil rights were violated here but I'm not 100% sure. Of course in the US they'd just detain you for 48 hours under the PATRIOT Act. Very Happy

-Tofu
sogekihei-neko

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 5:38 pm Reply with quote
"authorities did not find a dagger knife or a two-ton truck at Hori's home or its surroundings. "

Gotta hand it to those cops...they don't miss a thing!
Takeyo

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 5:50 pm Reply with quote
Tofusensei wrote:
Anyone here with legal knowledge know if such a threat would be illegal in America? Part of me feels that his civil rights were violated here but I'm not 100% sure. Of course in the US they'd just detain you for 48 hours under the PATRIOT Act. Very Happy

-Tofu

I have absolutely no legal training, but to the best of my knowledge, threatening to kill someone is indeed illegal in the U.S. (as is yelling "fire!" in a crowded theater).

I'm glad to see police taking internet threats seriously. Just imagine the horror if something had gone down and it was revealed that the authorities had been aware of this individual's posting and had dismissed it just talk.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3