• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The X Button - Feigned Frustration XIII

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HitokiriShadow

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 11:11 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
For the anime-watching, JRPG-playing crowd, there will likely be no bigger E3 announcement than the news of Final Fantasy XIII showing up on the Xbox 360.

Well, its definitely the biggest news of E3. But I have a PS3 so this news didn't really concern me except that it likely means more delays before the US version comes out. I'm more interested in if and when PS3 versions of Star Ocean 4 and Infinite Undiscovery will be coming.

As far as I can tell, the only worthwhile news from E3 for PS3 JRPG fans is confirmation that the PS3 port of Eternal Sonata will be released in the U.S.

Though it wasn't part of E3 (I don't think), a U.S. release of the PSP remakes of Star Ocean 1 and 2 have been confirmed. 1 is coming out in October, 2 in January. I pre-ordered both a couple day ago.

Quote:
In turn, Atlus has ramped up the utter salacity of its ad campaign, and buying the game on Amazon nets you a poster that would likely violate this website's work-safe standards if I were to show it.

Bah, I was both disappointed and relieved that I didn't miss out on anything too worthwhile for ordering it elsewhere. It offers a decent view of Izuna's cleavage but her face looks a little freaky. All in all, its nothing special.

Last edited by HitokiriShadow on Tue Jul 15, 2008 11:17 pm; edited 3 times in total
zanarkand princess

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 11:11 pm Reply with quote
I don't see why everybody gets all upset when things aren't exclusive releases anymore. I don't care where Final fantasy 13 comes out it's still going to be great. I didn't hear about sony and microsoft merging. Does this mean we're going to get an xstation 4.3 soon?
kadian1364

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 11:20 pm Reply with quote
FF XIII for the XBox too? Sign of the apocalypse! Rolling Eyes Really, this is just further evidence of the death of 3rd party exclusives. The game industry is too big, too profitable now for 3rd party developers not to cash in on the possible millions of the install base offered by rival systems.

I'd be more excited about "true 1:1 control" the newest Wiimote attachment promises, but as a whole Nintendo's presentation was lackluster, to put it mildly. Visions of Pacman Vs. from a couple years ago. Crying or Very sad

Quote:
In turn, Atlus has ramped up the utter salacity of its ad campaign, and buying the game on Amazon nets you a poster that would likely violate this website's work-safe standards if I were to show it.

The poster actually isn't as bad as some of the ads that show up on this site in the right column or across the top of the page. Shocked
Calathan
Subscriber

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 11:34 pm Reply with quote
I just noticed the text that pops up when you hold your mouse over the images. Now I need to go back and reread all the old X Button articles to see all the text I missed. Some of it seems pretty hilarious.
Primus

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 11:48 pm Reply with quote
Interesting things will happen if the Japanese release of FF XIII contains English(Some BD games have contained alternate languages from the get go). And that the delay for North America and Europe isn't for Localization, but rather part of this deal Microsoft no doubtedly struck.
Jih2

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 12:06 am Reply with quote
Quote:
Game Center CX

Wow, ever since Wired said something about this TV series and mentioned the game I've been awaiting news about it, I'm INCREDIBLY excited and while I could speculate on the effects of FFXIII not being a PS3 exclusive anymore I'm not because I'm far too into my own realm of happiness to talk sense! [/quote]
ikillchicken

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 12:06 am Reply with quote
I can't say I saw it coming but I'm definitely not surprised. Hell, the franchise already jumped consoles once before. I'll still get it on PS3 but if I didn't already have one in addition to my 360. If I didn't though I'd really be questioning whether it was worth it anymore. All I can say is that Littlebigplanet better be f*@#ing amazing.

kadian1364 wrote:
I'd be more excited about "true 1:1 control" the newest Wiimote attachment promises,

Yeah, it might actually do what they promised it would initially!
Ceredonia

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 12:15 am Reply with quote
Oh my god Final Fantasy 4 SO EXCITED. I paid off my preorder yesterday and I'm eagerly awaiting it. I'm so impatient.
It's my favorite Final Fantasy ever, and it even beats FF7 (even though I walked down the aisle at my wedding to Aerith's theme...). Rydia is the best character ever, it was one of the first games I cried at, and it's just amazing. I even bought the special FF4 edition Wonderswan awhile ago, therefore owning every incarnation of it. Anime hyper So glad to see you love it too!
jqsilver

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 12:17 am Reply with quote
Algol is also an old computer programming language. Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
GATSU

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 12:37 am Reply with quote
kadian:
Quote:
The game industry is too big, too profitable now for 3rd party developers not to cash in on the possible millions of the install base offered by rival systems.

Actually, it's the opposite problem right now.

Todd: I could care less about Kimba, and just want SEGA to exploit Trauma Center's profitability, and release the DS Black Jack here. Oh, and there's no way FFXIII 360 won't hit Japanese markets, unless the system is discontinued.

As for FFIV, well I'm holding out for that other remake from SQ'ENIX, since they've kept me waiting for six years. (*cough* DQ IV *cough*)
p3rseus

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 2:13 am Reply with quote
This was definitely good news since FFXIII is one of the games I'm most looking forward to and I still don't own any of the new systems, so now I have more choices, I also liked what I saw of Star Ocean 4 (looks great). I don't understand why people would be upset since it's not leaving any console to go to another, it's going to both consoles Smile
DmonHiro

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 3:08 am Reply with quote
So FFXIII is no longer PS3 exclusive........so what? I don't get why anyone would be upset, even ANGRY because of this. From my point of view: more money for Square-Enix, which means more great games.
teh*darkness

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 3:11 am Reply with quote
My main concern with the loss of the PS3 exclusive release of FFXIII was if they tried to develop both simultaneously in order to meet whatever deadline they have set for themselves, which could have ended up causing a drop in the final quality of both versions. But if they plan to finish the PS3 version first, then start work on the port, then I have no problems... besides that now I have to decide between console loyalty to Sony or achievement points... damn you Sony for not having Accomplishment Scores™. Sad
humantyphoon

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 3:33 am Reply with quote
DmonHiro wrote:
So FFXIII is no longer PS3 exclusive........so what? I don't get why anyone would be upset, even ANGRY because of this. From my point of view: more money for Square-Enix, which means more great games.

Well, some of my friends bought a ps3 just because of FFXIII. So they are pretty pissed. At least they can still grill hamburgers. Not much other use for ps3.
DmonHiro

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 3:41 am Reply with quote
humantyphoon wrote:
DmonHiro wrote:

Well, some of my friends bought a ps3 just because of FFXIII. So they are pretty pissed. At least they can still grill hamburgers. Not much other use for ps3.

Yeah....Final Fantasy Versus XIII, Soul Calibur 4, Devil May Cry 4, and all Blu-Ray movies........TOTTALY worthless
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5