• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Jin Kobayashi's School Rumble Manga to End in Japan

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
khryoleoz

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 1:20 pm Reply with quote
It's nice to know we're getting closure. I'll miss Sukuran and cast, but I've got the Del Rey books to keep me coming back over and over again.
sir_carrot

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 1:41 pm Reply with quote
I hope this means they'll release the third semester anime soon, and it feels less filler.

Semester One was truly amazing.
CaptainAvatar

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 1:58 pm Reply with quote
sir_carrot wrote:
I hope this means they'll release the third semester anime soon, and it feels less filler.

Semester One was truly amazing.

Let's get Season 2 first! (unless you're in Japan instead of the US like me!)
lazuline

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 2:00 pm Reply with quote
Crap... Now I need to find something else to read...

Wow, DVD bonus? Usually it's just stickers/artwork/postcards/alternative dust-cover etc.... i.e. flat stuff that can fit in a volume... Well there was that cool Phone Strap....

But, After some searching I found the Japanese price for the bundle is 3480 Yen. Yeah, that's a little much... Kinokuniya is going to prob charge like 40+ USD for these 0_o....

So much for buying the special edition....
jedimaster5000

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 2:29 pm Reply with quote
WOW, this is really unexpected news, but I guess it does seem it is coming to an end. I still wonder, who is harima gonna confess too (unless of course he does marry Sawachika)?

I also hope the final chapter is a long one
fighterholic

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 2:47 pm Reply with quote
Wow, it's all coming to an end Shocked That I would have never expected now, but it is what it is. Although it did keep me somewhat entertained over the years, it is kind of sad to see it all end, but I'm happy with the way that it turned out. I wonder how Kobayashi is doing with Natsu no Arashi!
Teriyaki Terrier

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 3:19 pm Reply with quote
Is there a time skip? I ask because I took a look at the current chapter online and the characters look the same as they did in the first volume.
Big Hed

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 4:39 pm Reply with quote
Man, first Black Lagoon gets a third season, and now School Rumble is coming to an end. Lots of big news. I'm sad to see School Rumble end, but I'm glad to finally be getting some closure. Hopefully San Gakki will be a hit.
kokuryu

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 5:44 pm Reply with quote
Wow, its been a long, great run - hasn't it? Hopefully it will be a real closure on everything in the end... I am looking forward to DelRay getting the rest of the manga, and looking forward to the rest of the anime finally coming here too.
musashi1600

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 6:34 pm Reply with quote
HarimaxYakumo ending, please. I'll be disappointed if otherwise happens, since she's my favorite character.

(Disclaimer: I've barely been keeping up with the American releases, so I don't know where the story is in the magazine.)
aznhessian

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 6:37 pm Reply with quote
damn it was a good run! loved it the whole way. is it possible for a second season like rosario+vampire?
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 8:22 pm Reply with quote
musashi1600 wrote:
(Disclaimer: I've barely been keeping up with the American releases, so I don't know where the story is in the magazine.)

If you ask me I'd say it's a blessing. You don't want to know how lame the story has become in recent chapters. I start skipping it while reading the Magazine.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Midnight_Devil

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 8:35 pm Reply with quote
Ideon end please.
ryanvamp

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 9:30 pm Reply with quote
By the current arc, I KNOW I will dislike the ending...luckily SR was a comedy and it did entertain me for a long time, but I've become attached to some characters and it's sad that once more, they probably won't get a decent closure. I wonder why mangakas can't wrap up their stories in a better way, SIX YEARS writing a story and they can't give it a more climatic end ? I say this because the last chapters didn't seem to have that "it's ending" feel that we are suppose to feel and anticipate. Oh well, the only thing I can hope for is that Harima at least chooses one girl and that girl chooses him back (doesn't matter if it's Eri, who I don't like that much)...I hated the Ranma ending so much that I don't want to read that kind of stuff again. I know that since they are only teenagers (even though he doesn't looki like one xD)) it's natural that they don't end up marrying or something (that is the other extreme and almost as stupid as the main character ending up with no one)...but if the whole story was about liking somebody, it's just necessary to get a decent ending regarding that.
Fronzel

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 9:44 pm Reply with quote
musashi1600 wrote:
HarimaxYakumo ending, please. I'll be disappointed if otherwise happens, since she's my favorite character.

You've fallen into the same trap I did; thinking that School Rumble is a romance series.

It isn't; It's a gag manga; there's no such thing as plot.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2