• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
PR: Sci Fi Channel and Manga Entertainment Add New Anime Programming as ‘Ani-Monday’ Block Is Renewe

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
daedelus

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 12:28 pm Reply with quote
That's great news. I'm glad Ani-Monday was doing well enough to be not only renewed, but have new content added. I already knew about Gurren and NTHT, but Ninja Scroll? That's news to me.
fearlololoki

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 2:24 pm Reply with quote
I knew about a few of these titles and I've been recording what SciFi has of Ani-Monday right now (Bad anime and all ). One title that really surprised me though was Descendants of Darkness ( other than the fact it is misspelled in the article). Smile To think I used to swear it would be a cold day in hell before I ever got to see that show on TV! I get so happy when TV decides to surprise me once in a while 8D!
Viga_of_stars

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 2:54 pm Reply with quote
MD Geist is on that list....

Fear.
Lord Geo

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 4:24 pm Reply with quote
"Go Shogun" as in GoShogun: Time Etranger?

That should be interesting, and it's nice to see that age is not keeping some animes from being shown.

Maybe if Ani-Monday would actually allow subtitled anime on the later part of the block, then they could try airing Dancougar from CPM...
Mad_Scientist
Subscriber

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 11:37 pm Reply with quote
fearlololoki wrote:
I knew about a few of these titles and I've been recording what SciFi has of Ani-Monday right now (Bad anime and all ). One title that really surprised me though was Descendants of Darkness ( other than the fact it is misspelled in the article). Smile To think I used to swear it would be a cold day in hell before I ever got to see that show on TV! I get so happy when TV decides to surprise me once in a while 8D!

I saw pieces of that show on AZN, but never the whole thing. Guess I'll get a chance to see the show from the start. But I wonder how much Sci-Fi will edit compared to AZN?
RogueJedi86

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 3:17 pm Reply with quote
One minor request I'd like for them to implement is to rerun the block 3 hours later after the original airing, like Adult Swim and Sci-Fi do. It's helpful if you miss part of the first run and don't want to get lost. Sci-Fi's the only one who doesn't do this, and it's annoying.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
dragonrider_cody

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 2:32 am Reply with quote
Mad_Scientist wrote:
fearlololoki wrote:

I saw pieces of that show on AZN, but never the whole thing. Guess I'll get a chance to see the show from the start. But I wonder how much Sci-Fi will edit compared to AZN?

Very good question. There was some.. ahem.. "content" in DoD that could affend certain people. I never watched much of it on AZN, so I can comment on their edits of the show. Personally, it's one of my favorite shows and I'm glad to see it getting back on TV. Though I doubt it will pull in the ratings for SciFi.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1