• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Funimation Licenses Baccano! Anime

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Andrew Cunningham

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 2:29 pm Reply with quote
Or the thirties.
By far the most entertaining anime in recent memory; can't wait to own it.
JELEINEN

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 2:35 pm Reply with quote
Something to actually add to my buy list for once. This is a great series, and one well worth getting on DVD as I'll watch it multiple times.
Anime World Order

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 2:44 pm Reply with quote
Everybody needs to buy this show, and then show it to their friends who don't like most anime but like stuff like Cowboy Bebop or Black Lagoon. At the very least, show it to anyone you know who liked the Guy Ritchie movie Snatch.

The Japanese already ignored this show for the most part, presumably because there just wasn't enough fanservice or moe or whatever it is they care about. Jerks. It would be horribly depressing to see this one pass by unnoticed here, because dangit I want another season! There are several more light novels that take place after this, so it could be done!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Dragynstorm

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 2:49 pm Reply with quote
Fantasic, fantastic, fantastic show. I just finished buying the R2s a couple months ago, so I was honestly sort of hoping that it would take a little longer, but this news still makes me so incredibly happy, I'm nearly bouncing off the walls. This is my favorite series and I really hope it gains a larger audience!

(I also hope Funi puts out a sweet box for it, because the Japanese one was incredibly sexy but nigh impossible for non-Japanese to get!)

Anime World Order wrote:
It would be horribly depressing to see this one pass by unnoticed here, because dangit I want another season! There are several more light novels that take place after this, so it could be done!

YES! There is so much I'd love to see animated! *_*

....so very, very excited about this.

Last edited by Dragynstorm on Mon Jul 21, 2008 2:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
kyokun703

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 2:51 pm Reply with quote
Oh my god, thank god, something GOOD actually happened today!!! (I was having the crappiest day up to now).

One of my top wished for licenses! This is a fabulous show, and while confusing at first, with its huge cast of characters, it really comes together nicely.
Starre257

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 2:53 pm Reply with quote
I'm so happy this show got licensed. The only thing left to get licensed from my list is Slayers Revolution.
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 2:56 pm Reply with quote
I forsee a very fun English dub for this title given its time period and setting.
narutoismybrother

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 2:59 pm Reply with quote
Oh thank goodness! I was hoping for this anime to get licensed ever since it aired. Simply amazing. I really wish the light novels would get licensed too. As much as the anime tries to tighten all the loose ends at the climax, it really doesn't. XP
Wyvern

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 3:01 pm Reply with quote
I'm thrilled. This is one of those shows I thought would never get picked up. What a great surprise. It also seems like the type of show FUNi should try to get on US TV. It's got a great appeal which extends well beyond the usual anime fan.
Oronae

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 3:03 pm Reply with quote
Hopefully this'll get the box release and will include the DVD only episodes. Either way, I'll be buying this as soon as it comes out. It's one of the most ridiculously awesome things to have come out in years. Here's hoping they can get it on TV somewhere so it can get the viewership it deserves.
Jih2

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 3:05 pm Reply with quote
Great! I sure hope we'll see the DVDs soon, there are about 4 other titles I'm waiting for Funi to push out but this does make me happy, certainly looking forward to purchasing.
FireChick
Subscriber

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 3:10 pm Reply with quote
I wish FUNimation would give us release dates for more Geneon titles!
v1cious

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 3:23 pm Reply with quote
whoah... who saw this coming?
Kvicksilver

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 3:23 pm Reply with quote
It was only a matter of time before it got licensed, it was perfect for American markets. I heard it didn't do too well in Japan, probably because it didn't feature 12 year olds wearing no pants. Too bad it won't be on TV, since they require longer shows.
Kougeru

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 3:33 pm Reply with quote
Kvicksilver wrote:
It was only a matter of time before it got licensed, it was perfect for American markets. I heard it didn't do too well in Japan, probably because it didn't feature 12 year olds wearing no pants. Too bad it won't be on TV, since they require longer shows.
Huh? Fooly Cooly aired on TV and that's only 6 episodes.

This show is one of the few that would work well in english, mostly because it takes place in America...
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5