• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
G4 Presents: Comic-Con '08 - An Anime Fan's Guide to Comic-Con, Part II

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vapors

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 11:37 pm Reply with quote
Yoshitaka Amano and Yasuhiro Nightow are going to be there as well.

Amano is signing at Radical Publishing Link

And both Amano and Nightow will sign at Dark Horse Link

And Takashi Okazaki (the chara designer for Afro Samurai) will be there too Link

Man, I know I probably will run straight to Viz once the doors open. I wonder what Bleach item you have to buy though? As for Hiro Mashima, I wonder just how popular Fairy Tail and Rave Master are in America, maybe the rush there won't be so bad. Hopefully I can get both, but if I had to choose one, I probably will go with Kubo. I just happen to like his art style a lot more.

Man, I can not wait.
Myaow

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 12:24 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
If you want in on this, be one of the first 50 people to show up to the Viz booth from Wednesday through Saturday, and buy a Bleach item from their store. You'll get a ticket to attend one of the signings and a special signing board.

This sounds like a portion from an RPG walkthrough, telling you how to obtain some really rare special equipment or something. To a Bleach fan, this is probably pretty accurate.

It sounds like the convention will be really exciting; I wish I could be there.
matthewlow

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 2:21 am Reply with quote
I plan to be standing in front of the Viz booth Wednesday when sales start instead of in front of the Score booth like I'm supposed to be...

BTW, Score Entertainment will have Michelle Ruff and Stephanie Sheh.

And there are a few other voice actors at SDCC if you comb the schedule like Yuri Lowenthal, Jeff Nimoy, and Quinton Flynn.
AnimeCon

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 6:40 am Reply with quote
I can't wait to watch it on TV. I was some news regarding not only anime & manga, but my favorite comics too.
JohnnySake

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 11:32 am Reply with quote
Honestly, I don't know how you were supposed to be the first fifty in the line at the Viz booth. As soon as I got in the door on Wed. evening I went over to Viz and got in line. There were 15 people in front of me. We all took our time and bought our stuff. When it was time to check out the cashier said the 50 tix for that day had come and gone already. (various Homer Simpson replies come to mind)

The day when Tite Kubo was around at the Viz booth was crazy. People were everywhere around the area. Never did get to see him there.

At least he was kind enough to show up and attend all the things he did there.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1